Windows 10: Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update

Discus and support Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just allowed the Windows Update preview version which became available to me last night 24 February 2021. As a result, none of my Bluetooth audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianBrazill, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update

I just allowed the Windows Update preview version which became available to me last night 24 February 2021. As a result, none of my Bluetooth audio devices can have their volume controlled through Windows any longer. The volume must be adjusted on the devices themselves. Poking around the internet, I see that this was a rampant problem for nearly every Bluetooth speaker/headphones following an April 2018 update. Symptoms are identical: Windows volume control still chimes with each setting, but only 0% or 100% volume are possible. The only difference this time, is that the prescriptions that seemed to work for folks in April 2018, now produce no result after last night's update. Those two no-longer effective solutions are:

• Changing the registry key "DisableAbsoluteVolume" to 0 at HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT ; and
    • Unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in the device's advanced properties.

To be clear, prior to last night's update, ALL my Bluetooth audio devices were volume-controllable through Windows. After the update, NONE of them can be volume-controlled through Windows.

Any ideas?

:)

BrianBrazill, Feb 25, 2021

2. Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Android Surface Duo firmware update released - February 17, 2021

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-32982b5665f1

Brink, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update

Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update

1. Problem with Bluetooth Speakers volume following February 2021 update - Similar Threads - Problem Bluetooth Speakers

2. Strange problems with the Cumulative Update Previews installed 25th February 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange problems with the Cumulative Update Previews installed 25th February 2021: A few hours ago when I powered up, there was a message about a new WU. It was a "Cumulative Update Preview" and downloaded/installed a ".Net update" on my laptop without any problems. It took an hour or so and said that my version number was unchanged 19042.804. I then...
  3. New Update - February 2021

New Update - February 2021: Hi, I successfully installed the new update from the Microsoft store, but when I go in-game, the screen that usually comes up "checking for updates", doesn't appear, so I can't get the new update. I also can't get into the marketplace anymore, so I can't download the UK...
  4. Cumulative updates February 2021

Cumulative updates February 2021: Thisis a summary of the cumulative updates released on February 9th for allthe supported consumer releases of Windows 10. 1. Windows 10 version2004 and version 20H2 - KB4601319, Build 19041.804 and 19042.804 2. Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB4601315,Build 18363.1316...
  5. Microsoft February 2021 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft February 2021 Security Updates: February 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. .NET Core .NET Framework Azure IoT Developer Tools Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service Microsoft Dynamics Microsoft Edge for Android...
  6. Microsoft February 2021 Security Updates

Microsoft February 2021 Security Updates: February 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. .NET Core .NET Framework Azure IoT Developer Tools Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service Microsoft Dynamics Microsoft Edge for Android...
  7. Cumulative updates February 2021

Cumulative updates February 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on February 9th for Windows 10 2004, 20H2 and Windows 10 1909. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB???????, Build 19041.??? and 19042.??? Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB???????, Build 18363.??? 11/17/20 For...
  8. Bluetooth PC speaker volume problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth PC speaker volume problem: Bluetooth wireless PC has no volume, however a it worked easily when I first installed it, but now, b all settings seem to be correct, but speaker will no longer play. At this same time, another Bluetooth speaker--lost temporarily!--has been performing without any problems!...
  9. Have the following problem with Bluetooth speaker in windows 10 1903.

Have the following problem with Bluetooth speaker in windows 10 1903.: Hello, I use a Sony SRS-XB32 bluetooth speaker but cannot get it to work in windows 10 1903, windows 10 1903 will find the speaker and it says connected but when I check in sounds the speaker is grey out and it says disconnected. Any help to fix this problem would be...
  10. bluetooth speaker volume problm

bluetooth speaker volume problm: hi. i'm using Windows 10.the version is 1903 OS build 18362.959.i'm facing a problm to control the bluethooth speaker volume from my laptop's keyboard. please help me with a solution....