Windows 10: Problem with booting after partition management

Discus and support Problem with booting after partition management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleksakojadinov, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Problem with booting after partition management

Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see:

Problem with booting after partition management [​IMG]

I tried hitting all of the suggested keys shown in the bottom, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting a couple more times (using the physical reset button), but it's still the same. Any idea?

:)

aleksakojadinov, Aug 24, 2016

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800703ed

In my case, I have a boot manager partition that is the Active / Startable partition. The BIOS boots the boot manager. From the boot manager, I pick Windows. That setup prevents some Microsoft updates from working. The workaround is to make the Windows
    partition (most likely, CProblem with booting after partition management :), be the Active / Startable partition. Then the updates are applied with no problems. Once the updates are applied, I made the boot manager the Active / Startable partition and everything is OK.

FredTydeman, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Disk Partitioning on Windows 10

Thank You for your support, but you have misunderstood my problem. I already have dual booted Ubuntu and it loads from windows boot manager. But the problem is there is no real partition showing installed with Ubuntu. I installed ubutu from wubi.

And now after shrinking D: by 10GB I tried to created new partition but it is not letting me by showing the message given in the question.

SukantKumarVG, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Problem with booting after partition management

1. Problem with booting after partition management - Similar Threads - Problem booting partition

2. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  3. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...
  4. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  6. Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition: Hello, I was trying to fix why my computer wasn't booting after removing a drive and ended up wiping my System partition. I possibly know two steps forward and was wondering which of them to move forward with. 1. Is it possible to create another windows boot manager where...
  7. Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot manager problem: How can I solve it? Every time when I start my laptop the below setting appear on my screen. And after pressing enter button my windows turn on. I don't want this interruption. I have tried to solve it lots of time but I have failed. Need some technical support.[IMG]...
  8. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  9. Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error: Hello, I get an error, about once every 4/5 months when the PC is interrupted via a power surge or incorrectly turned off during a restart that results in me having to fix, reset and rebuild the boot manager. It's a quick and usually painless process. I'm on Windows 10,...
  10. After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Partition was updated having problems with Booting: Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in. Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 back in August 2015. Other than some minor issues/annoyances, it has worked reasonably well. Earlier this year I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem windows partitions booting