Windows 10: Problem with booting after partition management

Discus and support Problem with booting after partition management in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleksakojadinov, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Problem with booting after partition management

Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see:

Problem with booting after partition management [​IMG]

I tried hitting all of the suggested keys shown in the bottom, but nothing happens. I've tried restarting a couple more times (using the physical reset button), but it's still the same. Any idea?

:)

aleksakojadinov, Aug 24, 2016

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800703ed

In my case, I have a boot manager partition that is the Active / Startable partition. The BIOS boots the boot manager. From the boot manager, I pick Windows. That setup prevents some Microsoft updates from working. The workaround is to make the Windows
    partition (most likely, CProblem with booting after partition management :), be the Active / Startable partition. Then the updates are applied with no problems. Once the updates are applied, I made the boot manager the Active / Startable partition and everything is OK.

FredTydeman, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Disk Partitioning on Windows 10

Thank You for your support, but you have misunderstood my problem. I already have dual booted Ubuntu and it loads from windows boot manager. But the problem is there is no real partition showing installed with Ubuntu. I installed ubutu from wubi.

And now after shrinking D: by 10GB I tried to created new partition but it is not letting me by showing the message given in the question.

SukantKumarVG, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Problem with booting after partition management

1. Problem with booting after partition management - Similar Threads - Problem booting partition

2. Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition: Hi folks with latest versions of Windows - if you try and re-size the windows partition from Within windows the system fails -- you used to be able to start the resize then windows would boot into the relevant partition manager in command mode and finish. Now the re-boot...
  3. Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Partition Managers fail after trying to re-size windows partition: Hi folks with latest versions of Windows - if you try and re-size the windows partition from Within windows the system fails -- you used to be able to start the resize then windows would boot into the relevant partition manager in command mode and finish. Now the re-boot...
  4. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  5. windows boot manager problem

windows boot manager problem: Hi! I actually have 2 problems that i might need help with. 1st - I have an internal HDD where i just keep my old files, suddenly it stopped working and it hangs my computer whenever i try to access it. It gets read by the Bios and "this pc" but when you try to click it to...
  6. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions: I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below: [img] The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the reagentc reconfiguration command below: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path...
  7. No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended: I just recently upgraded from an earlier build of Windows 10 to the latest build 11099. That went okay. But the problem was when I decided to extend the system partition (as it had only 3GB free left), after rebooting to extend the partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard (it...
  8. Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error

Multiple Boot Managers and/or active partitions error: Hello, I get an error, about once every 4/5 months when the PC is interrupted via a power surge or incorrectly turned off during a restart that results in me having to fix, reset and rebuild the boot manager. It's a quick and usually painless process. I'm on Windows 10,...
  9. After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Partition was updated having problems with Booting: Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in. Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 back in August 2015. Other than some minor issues/annoyances, it has worked reasonably well. Earlier this year I...
  10. Problems with Windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Windows boot manager: I recently got an Intel Broadwell NUC and installed Windows 10 (build 10162) into it. I then added a Sandisk USB3.0 flash drive into which I had installed OpenELEC (a portable KODI OS if you will). I can access OpenELEC via NUC's boot manager/BIOS but that's pretty clumsy...