Windows 10: Problem with brand new Microphone

Discus and support Problem with brand new Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , i have been using my stand alone microphone for years now and one day after i turn my PC on it just stopped working , my first tough was it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StefanAcic, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Problem with brand new Microphone

Hello , i have been using my stand alone microphone for years now and one day after i turn my PC on it just stopped working , my first tough was it was microphone , and then i went and got a new one , since i still had warranty , but problem still persisted, so then i tough it was my input jack not working , and then i went and bought USB audio adapter, and now i still have same problem there is not input of sound but output is working fine.

I believe i did try everything , Disabled all audio drivers and then enable it , reinstall drivers, did try to restore my PC to previous point still nothing.

:)

StefanAcic, Jun 17, 2019

2. microphone problem

Hi tipeneb,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. It seldom requires software instllation since most of them are "plug and play". To help us identify your concerns about your microphone, we’d like to ask
    you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone? This is to determine who manufactured your microphone.
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for more troubleshooting steps?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows key + X.
      2. Click Device Manager.
      3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.
      4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark (For example:
        High Definition Audio Device).

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 for an
    alternate way to install it. You can reinstall it through a
    Microphone Setup Wizard

Important: If the microphone has special features that cannot be identified by our “plug and play”, you need install your device manually, visit the website of the device manufacturer
    to download its latest drivers. If the latest drivers are not available, you can also
    contact them directly through their support hotline.

Get back to us once you provide answers to our questions and if you need more help with our suggestions above.

Johann Eva, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Problem with brand new Microphone

Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Problem with brand new Microphone

1. Problem with brand new Microphone - Similar Threads - Problem brand Microphone

2. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  3. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  4. [BRAND NEW PROBLEM] STREAM_Numbers.wav on Windows C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [BRAND NEW PROBLEM] STREAM_Numbers.wav on Windows C:: Dear Microsoft Community, First of all, please understand that English isn't my first language so maybe I have some bad grammar. I have an issue with my HP Notebook HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba135tx with Windows 10 Home Single Language. After doing a complete Windows 10 Setup...
  5. Microphone troubles on brand new pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone troubles on brand new pc: I'm having problems with my mic, when I plug my headphones into the front panel headset jack, it detects my headphones and plays audio correctly but it doesn't have a microphone despite there being one in my headset, and I checked the recording tab in the sounds menu. Edit:...
  6. I’m having problems on conecting brand new laptop and brand new windows on Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m having problems on conecting brand new laptop and brand new windows on Wi-Fi.: So, today I went and I bought a Hp Omen Gaming laptop with Windows 10 pro.While installing it, it was required to connect it to an Ethernet cable but I didn’t have the physical cable so I skipped thinking that I would connect it to Wi-Fi later. But after the install I can’t...
  7. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  8. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. BSOD on brand-new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on brand-new laptop: Hi all, I have recently bought new laptop (Dell Vostro 5468). I did clean install of Windows 10 and installed additional harddrive. Today I have experienced a BSOD. I had many programs running when a blue screen appeared. I had a look at logs and what is bugging me is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brand new computer no one can hear my mic