Windows 10: Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I hope to be writing in the right subreddit... Otherwise, excuse me. My problem is that recently I bought a new laptop without OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luca_Dietitian, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10

Hi everyone!

I hope to be writing in the right subreddit... Otherwise, excuse me.

My problem is that recently I bought a new laptop without OS installed, so I installed it using the key of another laptop that I won't be using anymore. It works perfectly fine, except for the management of the volume and especially the brightness.

With the keys on my keyboard, I can change the luminosity as always, but the changes between the various "steps" are barely noticeable, and then, when I get to the last step, if I lower it to the minimum it changes a lot and the monitor becomes very dark that is hard to read and see things on it.

I was wondering if there's a way to "calibrate" the management of the luminosity since as it is right now, I can choose between "dark that can't read" and "bright as the Sun".

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help me!

submitted by /u/Luca_Dietitian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luca_Dietitian, Jan 12, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 12, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10

1. Problem with brightness and volume management in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem brightness volume

2. Brightness and Volume controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness and Volume controls: Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from...
  3. Brightness and Volume controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness and Volume controls: Hello I have been having issues with my sound and brightness. when I press the function keys to increase the brightness and volume keys on my keyboard, the indicator on the top right corner does not appear but they do change, I am unable to change brightness and volume from...
  4. No wifi/brightness or volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No wifi/brightness or volume: Hi, i need help before i have to use my repair disc to sort my laptop out, to start with i couldn't sign in with my pin and couldn't remember my password so i reset it and still could not sign in, i tried an old password and that worked ???? thought that couldn't happen, when...
  5. Volume and Brightness Popup

Volume and Brightness Popup: From today the popup for volume and brightness changes just disappeared. What should I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-and-brightness-popup/5b2ec86f-ec03-49af-9582-63a6f6557dba
  6. Volume problem in windows 10

Volume problem in windows 10: Hey , my laptop is ASUS Vivobook 15x512da and i bought it between 3-4 months ago . Now Iam having a problem with my mute key ,it's muting and unmuting itself . Im sure that i haven't changed any recent changes in my laptop but suddenly it showning some strange things . Some...
  7. vpccb45fn windows 10 brightness problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    vpccb45fn windows 10 brightness problem: I am using sony vaio vpccb45fn , i recently performed windows 10 pro 64-bit upgrade , since then i cant adjust my brightness either by using windows charm bar or Fn+f5,f6 , how to resolve this problem , thanks in advance. Nabin...
  8. Volume/Brightness bar missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/Brightness bar missing: I have a problem with that top left bar not showing up. I can't really see my volume level (i can still click that speaker button down on the taskbar, but that's annoying) and i can't see my brightness level. I tried uninstalling keyboars/sound drivers, sfc scannow,...
  9. Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard

Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard: I have Windows 10 on my computer, and I would like to use my keyboard to adjust the brightness and the volume. I am unable to find a way to make them work on my keyboard. Is there anyway to turn it on?...
  10. brightness problem (windows 10 1809 )

brightness problem (windows 10 1809 ): after 10-20 minutes starting windows 10, the 100% brightness intensity becomes very low. brightness is still 100% but its intensity is less then 50% of brightness after boot...