Windows 10: Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC

Discus and support Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I'll try to be as detailed with my problem whilst being as limited with my computer knowledge. Essentially I've been having problems with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saxon Edmonds, May 21, 2019.

1. Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC

HI, I'll try to be as detailed with my problem whilst being as limited with my computer knowledge.

Essentially I've been having problems with my computer since I built it, I can't pin down what's wrong with it, but at this point I'm guessing either a memory stick or motherboard hardware error.

I've had my computer for about 6 months, specs are as follows

Mobo:Asrock Ab350M-Pro4

RAM: Team Elite DDR4 2400MHz, 8Gb

GPU: Asus Phoenix GeForce 1050ti 4GB DDR5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2200g AM4

HDD: Western digital blue 1TB SATA3 HDD 64M WD10EZEX

Wireless Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N Wireless N USB nano Adapter

BSOD Error code usually states :

K-Mode Exception not handles

Attempted to write to read-only memory

and others

I've tested my memory using the memory diagnostic tool and memtest many times (probably close to 50 runs now over both) but never had a fail

I've also checked event viewer and the only consistent memory is a runtime broker error which is supposedly due to innapropriate permissions.

I can upload a .DMP file if anybody thinks it is necessary, I've never checked as I don't know how to interpret the data

Thanks in Advance everybody!

:)

Saxon Edmonds, May 21, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 21, 2019
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 21, 2019
  4. Senarium Win User

Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC

1. Problem With BSOD on homebuilt PC - Similar Threads - Problem BSOD homebuilt

2. Had my first blue screen on my homebuilt PC and I want to make sure it's nothing serious....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had my first blue screen on my homebuilt PC and I want to make sure it's nothing serious....: ProblemWindows stopped Working Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xffffb807fffb78a0, 0xffff810781a1b3d0. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  3. FIFA 23 BSOD problem on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIFA 23 BSOD problem on my pc: Hello i have a problem with constant BSOD during playing FIFA 23 sometimes happens mid game, sometimes happens in menu while simply scrolling, I tried things like: updating as much software as possible even updated BIOS, reinstalled gpu drivers with DDU, ran sfc scan I even...
  4. FIFA 23 BSOD problem on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIFA 23 BSOD problem on my pc: Hello i have a problem with constant BSOD during playing FIFA 23 sometimes happens mid game, sometimes happens in menu while simply scrolling, I tried things like: updating as much software as possible even updated BIOS, reinstalled gpu drivers with DDU, ran sfc scan I even...
  5. Pc having BSOD problems all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc having BSOD problems all the time: Hey I've been trying for months now to try to fix my friends pc bud I've been having none stop problems I've replaced the CPU tried 2 GPUS an SSD and re-installed windows and I've still had the same BSOD iqrl_not_less_or_equal. And I'm stuck I don't know where to go from...
  6. BSOD problem while doing nothing on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD problem while doing nothing on pc: Hello,I recently got some errors on my pc. I am getting some random BSOD when i am doing absolutely nothing most of the time.It appears that the BSOD pop when i am not executing games or browsing anything on internet.I often play some video games and it never occured while...
  7. Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD

Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD: My gaming PC was absolutely fine all day yesterday. Today, I went to do some homework on a website for school, it worked fine for about five minutes, but then, everything stopped responding, I watched my mouse lag as I tried to get different applications to work, and then I...
  8. BSOD problems with my pc

BSOD problems with my pc: recently i had two BSOD with system_service_exception, here is the link for the zip file that contains the dmp files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuTznq9kcMCilU92o5MFLnOe88W-?e=NUFDbE...
  9. PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing

PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing: Ok so I was doing some things to my pc like ram optimization, cleanup, and other optimizations. I restarted my pc and I use image login, I try that and normally it says incorrect if i get it wrong but this time it did nothing, no loading just the same page. Luckily I created...
  10. Homebuilt Dual proscessor rig random BSOD, WHEA uncorrectable error

Homebuilt Dual proscessor rig random BSOD, WHEA uncorrectable error: So this has been an issue for quite awhile, a minor annoyance before when it maybe crashed once a week, it is now crashing once a day almost, however it's pretty random, no real rhyme or reason. at one point it seemed to only happen if i was protein folding, though not...