Windows 10: Problem with BSOD probably a driver

Discus and support Problem with BSOD probably a driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's almost every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brokko_, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Brokko_ Win User

Problem with BSOD probably a driver

Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's almost every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or ISQL or some others I can't remember. Using a blue screen viewer I have come to the conclusion that it is always 1 file that the error is coming from:

FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime String
    ntoskrnl.exentoskrnl.exe+34ccaafffff806`4ee00000fffff806`4fe460000x010460000x64ebcc57
    27/08/2023 23:21:11

I have ran a diskcheck on my main disk, reinstalled windows, ran memtest86+, updated all my drivers and ran driver verifier.

The last one gave me more of a clue to what was going on. It put me in a bluescreen loop which wasn't a huge deal as I could boot into safe mode and then see what the issue was. The first issue was a virtual bus driver that was apparently automatically installed once I had plugged in my controller, which caused driver verifier to crash. So now I tested the system more with trying to boot up again and I still had the blue screens. So I ran driver verifier again, now leading to the following file which was also shown on the BSOD itself:

FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime StringProduct NameFile DescriptionFile VersionCompanyFull Path
    ntoskrnl.exentoskrnl.exe+9cde34fffff802`6ec10000fffff802`6fc560000x010460000x64ebcc5727/08/2023 23:21:11
    Wdf01000.sysWdf01000.sys+a710fffff802`702b0000fffff802`703810000x000d10000xa9a9d36e14/03/2060 09:40:14

Again ntoskrnl.exe and this time Wdf01000.sys. The problem now is that I cannot find any particular issue or fix related to this file. It is all the general: use a restore point or do this or that. Without actually knowing what the issue is. Is there any way to find out what is causing this /which driver?

As a note: I have all my chipset drivers installed from my motherboard manufacturer, and a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Educational.

:)

Brokko_, Dec 10, 2020
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Problem with BSOD probably a driver [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Dec 10, 2020
  3. culbear Win User
    BSOD - Probably a driver issuue

Hi!

Yesterday, seemingly out of the blue(no pun intended), I started getting BSOD's. It would happen about 5-10 seconds after id first see windows explorer(task bar n such). I've done the driver verifier, and its detected a violation, but it didn't list the
    violation on the BSOD. I uploaded the minidump files onto my onedrive account, and the link to the BSOD is here:

JCULPEPPER DMP FILES.zip

All of this did start happening very shortly after I attempted to install a Sound Blaster AE- 5, but the problem of the BSOD persisted after I took it out, reformatted and reinstalled win10, removed the other SSD's and HDD's.

Please let me know if you can locate the problem in the dump files. thank y ou!

culbear, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Scavar Win User

8800GTS problems.

Seems pretty strange to me. I have a standard 8800GTS, the only problem I get is the BSOD nv4_disp.dll thing, which in my case I think is linked to heat on other parts of the video card.

I would suggest completely removing the drivers using Driver Cleaner, and install the ones that came with the card first. If the problem continues, remove again, try the newest drivers. If it still happens, underclock the card and try the same steps. In the end, talk to EVGA and see what they tell you.

Scavar, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with BSOD probably a driver - Similar Threads - Problem BSOD probably

2. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  3. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  4. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  6. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers: Hi guys,I have a Samsung NP470R5E that started crashing with BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure. I read online that this could be caused by graphic drivers, so I decided to make a clean install and use the drivers provided by Samsung. No matter what I do, I can't get the...
  7. Getting BSOD on clean install. Probably related to graphic drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. bsod probably caused by a driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod probably caused by a driver: i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix...
  9. Probably keyboard driver problem

Probably keyboard driver problem: Hi I've recently updated windows 10 and also updated all of my drivers ones with update available and after a few days it caused really serious problems to my keyboard. Some of the buttonsREALLY don't work properly. Most of the top bar buttons f1 ,f2 ,etc. and buttons d and c...
  10. Keyboard drivers damaged (probably)

Keyboard drivers damaged (probably): After one of the recent system updates my keyboard started malfunctioning - I cannot enter low case "j". Upper case works. Same behavior with every keyboard I tried. I am using USB keyboard. Tried on HP standard USB keyboard and a few others. All of the tested keyboards work...