Windows 10: Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

Discus and support Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine. But when I recorded with my computer camera and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarineKala, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine.

But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound.

:)

KarineKala, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

1. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem camera microphone

2. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  3. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10: Hi. Suddenly a couple of days ago my microphone seemed to stop picking up sound. I've used an external usb soundcard for a couple of years and not had any problems and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I thought the headphones might be broken so I bought a new pair but...
  4. Microphone not working through soundcards - windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External USB soundcard not working

External USB soundcard not working: Hi,I made some cable management inside of my computer and rearranged my cables. After I powered my pc and from then I have a problem with my external soundcard. When it works rare, it works till I pause the music and after I resume or close the music app, it has no sound. I...
  6. No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.: Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack adaptor, so I can plug it into the soundcard.The mic worked "exactly okay" when it was just plugged in via usb, before I got...
  7. Soundcard problems in windows 10

Soundcard problems in windows 10: I have a ASUS P5Q SE Plus motherboard running windows 10. My problem seems to be that the software I am using BUTT cannot see any sound source. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/soundcard-problems-in-windows-10/6b62ebb6-4aea-47c9-8f93-39ee43473340
  8. Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem

Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem: If you have a camera with a microphone hooked up to your pc and you also had a headset with a microphone hooked up to your pc could your microphone with your headset stop working with your headset? Like stopped working as in when you go to the control panel> Hardware and...
  9. Problem with Creative soundcard.

Problem with Creative soundcard.: I recently got an old X-fi Xtreme Music SB0770, I installed the driver pack from Daniel_K (XFI_Support Pack_4_0). There's sound but I don't think it differs from an on-board audio chip. And even if it did, I would still have the problem with all of the software for the card:...
  10. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems: Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live....