Windows 10: Problem with changing properties of a music file.

Discus and support Problem with changing properties of a music file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. Some of the properties such as the Album Artist were wrong. So by right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ezra Johns, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Problem with changing properties of a music file.

Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. Some of the properties such as the Album Artist were wrong. So by right clicking>Properties>Details>Album Artist I set the value to a different name. I even clicked on the apply button but the Album Artist property didn't change. It remained blank. I tried this several times. The programme I opened properties is Groove Music. Please help me.

Thank you.

:)

Ezra Johns, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Jess Can Win User

How do I change the default music app for music files other than Windows Media player?

Hi Mohan,

To change the default app that open your music files, we recommend the following steps:

1. Right-click the music file then go to Properties.

2. In the properties window look for and click the Change... button. This should open the list of applications installed in the computer that are able to play this type of file.

3. If the application is not on the list, click More apps. This will extend the list, if the extended list still does not show the app you're looking for; then click Look for another app on this Pc. This time you will need
    to locate the application folder and manually select it from there.

Should you need any more help, feel free to contact us.

Jess Can, Feb 18, 2021
  3. How do I change generic titles of media files in Windows Media Player and Groove Music in Windows 10?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps:

Step 1: We recommend you to change the music file title and check the result. To do this, try these steps.

1. Open the music file location.

2. Right click on the music file and click properties.

3. Click the Details tab and change the Title description.

4. Apply the changes.

5. Play the music file and check the difference.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Problem with changing properties of a music file.

Updating the File Properties of Ripped Cd's

I did as you suggested and nothing is different; I still can't change the file properties of my music files.

JarrodHarris, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Problem with changing properties of a music file.

1. Problem with changing properties of a music file. - Similar Threads - Problem changing properties

2. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  3. Music file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music file properties: HI,I've been editing my music files with file explorer/groove music app on my laptop. I have transferred those songs to my phone but some songs have missing genre data, or artist name data, etc. I have never had this problem before. I tried to re-edit the files with the issue...
  4. Music file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music file properties: HI,I've been editing my music files with file explorer/groove music app on my laptop. I have transferred those songs to my phone but some songs have missing genre data, or artist name data, etc. I have never had this problem before. I tried to re-edit the files with the issue...
  5. Music file properties

6. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  7. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  8. Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem changing Title in file properties, subject changes also: When i change the title in a file properties it changes the subject to the same and i think vice versa how can i prevent this thanks i did post this elsewhere but was in a tutorial so guess that was wrong, sorry 178188
  9. changing file properties

changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  10. File properties problem

File properties problem: Why when i open my file properties it become that colours , its making me hard to look at the properties , i dont remember this happen after i update the windows or anything but it was suddenly happen . Also when i delete something the button for "yes" and "cancel" also gone...