Windows 10: Problem with Civilization 4 Game

Discus and support Problem with Civilization 4 Game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Problem with Civilization 4 Game

went to:

went control panel.

programs and features.

tried to delete civilization IV.

civilization IV is totally unresponsive.

tried playing the game. it would not open.

the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs and features.

they suggested I come here.

[Original Title: civilization 4]

:)

PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Civilization 4 game.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that Civilization 4 is not compatible with Windows 10, so I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility
    mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility
    mode and check if that helps.

• Download the game/app from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Civilization 4 not working on Windows 10 Home and PRO

Hi,

To resolve Civilization 4 installation issues, we suggest that you directly contact
    the developer of the game.

Regards.

Jomari Arc, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Problem with Civilization 4 Game

Civilization 4 game.

My computer went through automatic update and now I can't get my civilization 4 game to load, it just reads "please log in with administrator" I don't even know what that means, I right click and click on administrator but still am not figuring it out.
    I am NOT a computer guru and would appreciate some help. As usual there are no humans left on earth in the customer service of windows company.

thanks

LissaBarnes, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Civilization 4 Game

1. Problem with Civilization 4 Game - Similar Threads - Problem Civilization Game

2. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  3. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  4. Problems with fullscreen 4:3 stretched games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with fullscreen 4:3 stretched games: 1So i have a problem. I usually play csgo in fullscreen on 4:3 resolution. When i start my pc my wallpaper is clear and high quallity i use default windows 11 wallpaper but as soon as i start csgo 4:3 stretched my wallpaper appears messy and low quallity and not reverts back...
  5. Problems with fullscreen 4:3 stretched games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with fullscreen 4:3 stretched games: 1So i have a problem. I usually play csgo in fullscreen on 4:3 resolution. When i start my pc my wallpaper is clear and high quallity i use default windows 11 wallpaper but as soon as i start csgo 4:3 stretched my wallpaper appears messy and low quallity and not reverts back...
  6. Problems with Microsoft store game Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Microsoft store game Forza Horizon 4: Hello there, apologies if im asking in completely the wrong place.... i am having this really annoying issue with Forza horizon 4. Basically whenever i try connect to an online session i keep on getting the following error:[ATTACH] Can someone please point me in the right...
  7. civilization 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    civilization 4: went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the game. it would not open. the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs...
  8. That State of Digital Civility in 2018

in Windows 10 News
    That State of Digital Civility in 2018: People around the world and in the U.S., Germany, France and Belgium, in particular, are experiencing increased levels of online civility, data from a new Microsoft research study show. The findings are being released in conjunction with international Safer Internet Day, Feb....
  9. Forza Horizon 4 Game Play Problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 Game Play Problem: Hi, I hope you can help me out... I bought the above game for my PC, downloaded it from the Microsoft Store. It installs and plays just fine, but there are some features I can't click into, for example: The auction house and custom design paints and clubs, these are...
  10. Civilization 2 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civilization 2 Stopped Working: Does anybody know how to get Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition to work? It used to work, but now it crashes when it opens a text input field. I uninstalled and reinstalled both it and the Indeo drivers (They work.), but the game won't play anymore. 102784

Users found this page by searching for:

1. civilization 4 not working on windows 10

2. execution error launching civilization

3. civ iv windows 10 compatibility

4. why will civilization 4 not work,
  5. civ 4 program execution problem,
  6. civilization 4 not launching windows 10,
  7. civilization 4 will not open gold edition,
  8. civilization 4 gold win 10 error,
  9. civilization 4 not installed properly,
  10. civilization 4 compatibility with windows 10,
  11. my game of civilization 4 will not let me play anymore,