Windows 10: Problem with clean install from flash drive

Discus and support Problem with clean install from flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer : Asus X205TA Pre installed 8.1 free upgrade 10 32 G SSD I attempted to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveBesse, Dec 13, 2018.

1. DaveBesse Win User

Problem with clean install from flash drive

My computer : Asus X205TA

Pre installed 8.1 free upgrade 10

32 G SSD

I attempted to clean install 10 version 1803. Does anyone know how I can complete the installation with

no keyboard or network drivers. I have the latest drivers for my computer on a flash drive.

Thanks,

Dave

:)

DaveBesse, Dec 13, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Flash drive problem

Hi Muhammad,

It seems that your flush drive is having an issue since you've tried different third party softwares to reformat it. To fix the possible error on your flash drive, we suggest performing a check disk. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f C:, then hit Enter.
    Note: Change C: to the drive letter of your flash drive.

3. Once you're done, try to reformat your flash drive.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with clean install from flash drive - Similar Threads - Problem clean install

2. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  3. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive: As my laptop got bad clusters, and my system not booting, I created a windows 10 bootable flash drive.I have another flash drive 64GB that I formated into NTFS, with GPT partition table, to install windows on it.I started the windows setup process, and when I reached the...
  4. How to install Win10 on a flash drive from a flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem with flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with flash drive: I use a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop and a flash drive that has an issue. When I tried to transfer a 2 GB folder, the process stopped at 60% and stuck. Then I heard a sound like USB disconnecting and reconnecting continue. The files are not corrupted but the issue persists. I...
  6. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  7. Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?: Hello Everyone, What flash drive do you recommend to get and the amount of GB's I would need to make a bootable flash drive for installing windows 10 or even making a backup image for that purpose? Thank you! 116210
  8. Problem with flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with flash drive: I have a question about my flash drive. It's a 4GB PNY and usually works with no problem when I plug it in. But lately when I plug it into my laptop (a 2 month old laptop with Windows 10), it plays a quick tune indicating I plugged it in, but it doesn't actually show up on my...
  9. Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?

Boot from flash drive wants to install. Clean install or upgrade?: My PC won't boot because it says it can't find the hard drive. I booted from a flash drive, but it wants to do an install. Is it going to wipe everything or just do an "upgrade"? 79175
  10. Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.: After doing the usual with the BIOS I attempted to install Windows 8.1 from a bootable USB flash drive. However, the opening W.8.1dialog box, (language, etc.) was so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. And more importantly I could not get it to operate when...