Windows 10: Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695

Discus and support Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have a serious issue with connections to a SQL server 2019 instance. On all clients that have installed the update: KB5020695 or the equivalent for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Derek Bretherton1, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695

We have a serious issue with connections to a SQL server 2019 instance. On all clients that have installed the update: KB5020695 or the equivalent for the other operating systems, the applications fail during sql read/ write giving unrecoverable errors. All clients without the update are fine, and the clients that are now failing were ok before installing the update. Anyone any ideas as to how to overcome the problem?The text of the KB states: This security update addresses a vulnerability which exists in System.Data.SqlClient and Microsoft.Data.SqlClient libraries where a timeout occurring

:)

Derek Bretherton1, Nov 11, 2022

2. Is evaluation version of SQL Server 2019 same as Standard Edition?

We need to prepare environment to test some app. It should be similar to our clients environment and he uses SQL Server Standard 2019. Can evaluation edition of sql server 2019 be used on our environment, cause we don't want to pay for additional sql server standard instance.

KotGabriel, Nov 11, 2022
  3. SQL Server remote connection fails

I'm trying to install SharePoint 2019 and the remote connection to my SQL Server is failing. I've set up the firewall rules on SQL Server, allowed TCP and UDP ports 1433 and 1434 and have allowed the sqlservr.exe program in the inbound rules.

The user that's being used in the SP install wizard is an active AD domain user. I can ping the server by IP address and by name but it seems that SQL Server never receives the connection attempt.

As a test I set up a .udl file on the SharePoint host and tried to connect to the SQL Server and the connection still failed. It's not just the SP installer but something is preventing connections to SQL. I've searched the web and tried every tutorial and
    suggestion but it's still failing.

Is there anything else I can check? This should not be as difficult as it has been and I'm wondering if something else is preventing the connection.

I appreciate any help.

d7577423-33c7-4f00-a334-cab1e4b2ad70, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695

1. Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695 - Similar Threads - Problem client connections

2. Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with client connections to SQL Server 2019 after installing KB5020695: We have a serious issue with connections to a SQL server 2019 instance. On all clients that have installed the update: KB5020695 or the equivalent for the other operating systems, the applications fail during sql read/ write giving unrecoverable errors. All clients without...
  3. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  4. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Installing SQL Server 2019: Hello, I'm having trouble with installing SQL Server 2019 Express edition. The problems started after I got an SSD. I've copied my hard drive where I previously had SQL Server locally. I am using the latter for developing web apps with ASP.NET Core. However I wasn't able to...
  5. Problem Installing SQL Server 2019

6. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation: Hello folks,We have an offline machine which is not possible to connect to the internet. I need to install SQL Server 2019 Standard on this machine, but all I can find is web installations that need an online connection. Is there a way to install it without a connection to...
  7. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation: Hello folks,We have an offline machine which is not possible to connect to the internet. I need to install SQL Server 2019 Standard on this machine, but all I can find is web installations that need an online connection. Is there a way to install it without a connection to...
  8. SQL Server 2019 Standard Standalone Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SQL Server 2019 installation errors

in Windows 10 Support
    SQL Server 2019 installation errors: I am learning SQL server. So I downloaded developer edition. During the installation there were some errors. So I uninstalled I had used Revo Uninstaller trial version. First the installation had errors then uninstall had some errors like this it kept happening(I did 2-3...
  10. SQL server 2019

SQL server 2019: Hi, I reinstalled my computer few days ago and wanted to install microsoft sql server 2019 today, but when i was downloading files via the installer i got error saying ,,Failed to execute activity MediaDownloadActivity. The decryption operation failed.,...