Windows 10: Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display

Discus and support Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently the clock on the taskbar is showing a rectangle instead of ":" also when I click fn+f10 I get a rectangle also but if I click fn+f11 or fn+f12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenryMorganEHML, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display

Recently the clock on the taskbar is showing a rectangle instead of ":" also when I click fn+f10 I get a rectangle also but if I click fn+f11 or fn+f12 it shows a number like it is suppose to. I attached images to show problem. Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display 19ffe82c-dcdf-4a0d-b4fd-aa96776e4389?upload=true.png Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display 35eab373-36a2-436f-ab0b-f1651c00e9ec?upload=true.png

:)

HenryMorganEHML, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Clock on taskbar missing ':'

There is a thread in this forum which has an answer :
    Win 10 Pro Creators update taskbar clock anomaly - any suggestions?

The answer was given by threevolve, post #9.
    3 other members in the same thread had confirmed that the solution worked.

davidhk, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display

Taskbar clock font color problem

Hello,

The clock display is part of the Windows 10 taskbar and you can only customize it's colors when you change themes on your desktop. Kindly answer the following questions so we can isolate the issue:

• When did this start happening?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Can we have a screenshot of your clock display?

You can also personalize the taskbar to
    change the color of the Start menu, taskbar and action center
    so you'll be able to see the clock and calendar font when the theme is
    Dark.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display

1. Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display - Similar Threads - Problem clock taskbar

2. Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and volume mixer problem!!!: i just brought a new Asus TUF gaming laptop with window 11 home about 6 days ago and while doing updating and installing app in to my new laptop that i found out 2 thingstaskbar have only 2 option left and centre? how can i change it top as it more useful to me when i have...
  3. Taskbar Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock: When I click on the taskbar clock, it shows notifications and calendar. Is there any way to customize this so that when I click it, long time shows up with the notifications and calendar hh:mm:ss. It used to have the feature but then it updated and went away. Thanks!...
  4. Taskbar clock won't display date again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar clock won't display date again: Recently I posted a question asking about why the clock at the taskbar won't show the long date format. The offered solution was to write short date "d.M.yyyy" as long "dddd, dd. MMMM yyyy". In my opinion that only dodged the problem and didn't solve it, but it worked. Here...
  5. Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar: So this has been an issue for over a year, since I built my PC. After I start it, if I want to click the volume icon in the bottom right corner, far right side of the taskbar, to change my audio output to my headphones or to adjust volume, nothing happens. The calendar works,...
  6. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  7. Seconds won't display in the taskbar clock.

Seconds won't display in the taskbar clock.: I tried the regedit, restarted, and my taskbar clock still doesn't show the seconds. How else do I get the seconds to display on my taskbar clock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seconds-wont-display-in-the-taskbar-clock/1c1d371b-d639-42b3-a981-a591edda1fc9
  8. Taskbar clock not displaying :

Taskbar clock not displaying :: The clock at my taskbar have been unable to show the : since I changed my laptop font from the default Segou UI to another font which is pre-installed in the laptop already. I've attached an image below, as you can see, the : is replaced by a square box and I really hate how...
  9. Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.

Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.: It's disappeared. When I go to taskbar settings, and try disabling the volume icon and then re-enabling it, just to see if it fixes it, I find something very strange. On disabling the volume icon, theinternet icon disappears! What on earth is going on?...
  10. taskbar clock

taskbar clock: how to enlarge the taskbar clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/taskbar-clock/b2e8347c-c1da-4307-8cd0-a9587716cbb0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 time in taskbar has square instead of colon