Windows 10: Problem with closing a web tab/site

Discus and support Problem with closing a web tab/site in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an issue i can easily fix when using windows 7 IE but this edge is another issue but anyways here it goes. With windows 7 when i have an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SaltyNutz, Sep 16, 2015.

1. SaltyNutz Win User

Problem with closing a web tab/site

I have an issue i can easily fix when using windows 7 IE but this edge is another issue but anyways here it goes.

With windows 7 when i have an issue with a web page that a pop up locks me into that screen and I cannot close that web window I can easily open task manager and end that 1 window without closing any other open web sites i was currently on but I can't figure out how to do the same with windows 10 edge.

With windows 10 edge i have to reboot the pc because even when ending the microsoft edge process then re openeing edge all the opened web sites are still there including the one that prevents me from doing anything as i am unable to close any of the web windows unless i reboot

:)

SaltyNutz, Sep 16, 2015
  2. DanDrumel Win User

How to back-up one tab, after searching a website's various tabs.

After searching a website's various tabs, how do you back-up just one tab instead of having to close the whole site?

Original title: closing a web site tab

DanDrumel, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Antivirus for Windows Phone 8.1

Closing tabs (from web browser settings) is key. If you run across web sites that don't want to go away, close all tabs and delete your browsing history. I have the Lumia 928 with 8.1.

DavidSelove, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Problem with closing a web tab/site

Welcome to the Ten Forums! SaltyNutz

So you found out unfortunately that the new browser being introduced with 10 isn't upto par?! as many have already found out and prefer to either enable IE 11 easy enough or set another browser up as the default. You can find the "iexplorer.exe" file in the Program Files\Internet Explorer folder on both the 32bit and 64bit flavors of 10 as well as in the Program Files(x86)\Internet Explorer folder for the 32bit version on the 64bit Windows.

Once you right cilck on the iexplorer file itself you can pin it to both the Start tile section as well as to the main task bar and once you open up a new window simply go into the Tools tab Internet Options and click on the Default button to set IE as the default web browser. You don't have to stick with Edge and can only import bookmarks from IE anyways!

On 7 a small app available for problems where things lock up solid on you is called CloseAll which will close all windows web browsers as well as WE and other windows automatically with the click on the executable you can pin a short cut to on the task bar there. Close All Windows - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

That works fast then bringing up the Task Manager or hitting the Ctrl-Alt-Del key combination to end up looking at the lock screen in 7 to choose the TM or restart the system. You don't see that screen come up in 10 however for picking and choosing which option with the redesign of the Task Manager as more of a process manager seen now. They wanted to give it a more high tech type appearance.

Night Hawk, Sep 16, 2015
  5. SaltyNutz Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply to my issue *Smile I did pin IE to start tiles and will go that route so that I can continue with windows 10 and just avoid Edge for now.

SaltyNutz, Sep 16, 2015
  6. I found you couldn't organize bookmarks until they extended well past the viewing area of the desktop and had fun trying to drag each one around to see things set up as they have been in IE as well as the default browser I use here. At the present time it still needs quite a bit of work and not suitable for the system default! But MS wanted to be sure everyone had their opportunity being a problem presently seen with it since user options for customization as well as simply seeing things organized is still missing!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with closing a web tab/site

1. Problem with closing a web tab/site - Similar Threads - Problem closing web

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. closing web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    closing web site: DELL OPTIPLEX Why does it take 3 min of constant clicking 3 min or more to finally close it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-web-site/2be7e596-49d2-4640-8c5f-e73f3bef8eee
  4. Foreign web site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Foreign web site: How can I access out-of-town websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/foreign-web-site/1ad86974-f5f1-4546-82ba-3128dfd666cc
  5. Web Sites Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Sites Not Found: Windows 10 Pro 16GB Memory, 500Gb SSD, 3 years old desktop This computer was working great Friday till the afternoon. MS Edge, Google Chrome cannot display web pages. It is connected to the network can print to network printer and access another computer. It...
  6. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  7. web site loading

web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  8. login problems to a web site

login problems to a web site: I have a consistent problem logging into a web site & keep getting an error message with IDX10311 Is it a problem with my laptop or the remote server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problems-to-a-web-site/c933a960-ec17-46ca-a43b-24273231fd66
  9. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...
  10. Problem saving web sites to favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem saving web sites to favorites: When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web site name but no option of putting it into an existing folder. I am trying this in Windows 10 using MS Edge. Why don't I have...