Windows 10: Problem with CMD.exe

Discus and support Problem with CMD.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi.I got locked out of my Windows 10 PC awhile ago and had to use the method in this video to unlock it. https://youtu.be/itMECROHFQQ It worked but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by goldmoonjam2, May 25, 2022.

1. Problem with CMD.exe

Hi.I got locked out of my Windows 10 PC awhile ago and had to use the method in this video to unlock it. https://youtu.be/itMECROHFQQ It worked but I'm not sure whether it was my fault or not but my CMD is now broken, searching for it just gives me a blank icon.When I try to run the command sfc /scannow on the main account, which is an adminstrator account this pops out.The command only works on another account I made using that tutorial.When I open cmd.exe from the windows folder this shows up.Anyway I could fix this?

:)

goldmoonjam2, May 25, 2022

2. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

Hi,

I would highly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this article step by step:

CMD not working
    . Please reply if the issue still persists after this Problem with CMD.exe :).

Melik TechBuddy, May 25, 2022
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 25, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with CMD.exe

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Problem with CMD.exe

1. Problem with CMD.exe - Similar Threads - Problem CMD exe

2. PROBLEM IN CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM IN CMD: WHENEVER I START MY LAPTOP THERE CMD GOT OPEN . I DONT KNOW WHY AND ALWAYS SAY ALTENING LAUNCHER.EXE NOT FOUND https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-cmd/91a4f1ee-7b1d-4c3a-80a4-4f5a1d75ab38
  3. CMD problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD problem: When i open cmd it instantly crashes but when i run CMD /d it works so i think its because of some autorun process any ideas how to fix it i heard deleting autorun files would do it but when i tried next time i rebooted my computer it opend in cmd lucky i managed to fix it....
  4. cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  5. cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run an exe file in CMD asministrator: From exe file property ===> check: Run this program as an administrator open cmd: run as adminitrator type cd ==> enter C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads\Programs\Apps\Viber Setup ==> Enter ===> 'C:\Users\MYNAME' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable...
  6. Problem with cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with cmd: Hello everyone, I went to this reddit for a problem with windows 10, about 1 month and a half ago the cmd opens out of nowhere and closes in thousands of seconds sometimes I came to see that there was no command written when it was opened So I don't know what could be. The pc...
  7. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  8. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  9. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...