Windows 10: Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

Discus and support Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrenVen, Jun 3, 2023.

1. GrenVen Win User

Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized windows especially chrome browser and edge browser, some suggest disabling hardware accelerations gonna fix the problem but it only fix the Chrome only the rest is still there i cant post any screenshot because if i screenshot it the color overlay is gone not showing anything so i took the photo using my phone camera so here is the proofs.Here's the link because for some reason i can't upload it straight from here but here's an examples of using

:)

GrenVen, Jun 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 media player cannot change video border color.

Hi Charlie,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As you have tried to set the video border colors in Windows media player, kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

This issue may occur if the Windows files are damaged/corrupted. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in
    the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to turn off the Windows Media Player features and turn it on. This will reinstall the media player features. You may try to ‘turn off' Windows Media Player by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Expand Media Features.
    • Uncheck Windows Media Player.
    • Select Yes and click on OK
      button.
    • Restart the computer, follow the steps from the 1 to 6 again and make sure that you have checked the box
      Windows media player in step 6.
    Now the try to open the Windows media player and check if you are able to change the video border color.

Note: As you have tried to pick the colors from the available colors, I suggest you to check whether the issue persists when you try to add the custom color as the video border color.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad
    to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 3, 2023
  3. No color in video player

Hi Rafael,

Your concern about seeing black and white videos instead of colored could relate to an issue with Adobe Flash Player. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What browser are you using to play these videos?
    • Do you experience the same issue on other browsers?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings or any update installed prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player - Microsoft Support

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

1. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player - Similar Threads - Problem color covering

2. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player: I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized windows especially chrome browser and edge browser, some suggest disabling hardware accelerations gonna fix the problem but it...
  3. Massive problems with Windows, Outlook and Video Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive problems with Windows, Outlook and Video Player: Hi all,Sorry to bother you, but I'm at my wits end. I cannot progress through to any Microsoft Online Support page due to an error page which I keep getting when entering in my account password. MS Outlook support people have tried to assist but said its out of their hands...
  4. Massive problems with Windows, Outlook and Video Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive problems with Windows, Outlook and Video Player: Hi all,Sorry to bother you, but I'm at my wits end. I cannot progress through to any Microsoft Online Support page due to an error page which I keep getting when entering in my account password. MS Outlook support people have tried to assist but said its out of their hands...
  5. Problem with thumbnails/covers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with thumbnails/covers: Hi! I had this weird problem on W10 Home Single Language, the thing Is, the thumbnail of the art cover on my music files shows when i plug in my android phone and copy the songs on the phone, I can see the thumbnails perfectly on the file explorer while browsing the phone on...
  6. Weird colors in video player.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird colors in video player.: When I try to play videos in the Movies and TV app the colors are all messed up. For example, yellow appears as blue, purple appears as green and so on. I have tried uninstalling the Movies and TV app and the problem hasn't dissapeared. I tried using the VLC video player and...
  7. Windows Media Player 12 Cover Art

Windows Media Player 12 Cover Art: I've been turning all my vinyl tracks into mp3s, putting them in artist and album folders and then using Mp3tag to retrieve tags and cover art from the web and write them as tags in the mp3 files. Until yesterday, when I then opened Windows Media Player 12, the cover art...
  8. Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player: Hello I have a large number of videos from years past stored on a portable hard drive, which always used to play on Windows Media Player on my computer with no problem. However, now when I plug this portable hard drive into my computer and try to play these videos, Windows...
  9. Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Changing Album Covers: My new Dell Inspiron laptop is glitching out when I use Windows Media Player. I have over 3000 songs and 200 albums transferred, and now that I have so many files to browse,when the cursor goes over the album covers they are not the right ones, and are spontaneously changing....
  10. Minimal audio player needed

Minimal audio player needed: I occasionally listen to 2 hour long recorded programs on a n Acer One mini laptop. Between the machine's slowness, the short scroll/progress bar and the fact that Groove Music will not let you adjust the window size far enough so I can't reduce it to something that lets me...