Windows 10: Problem with Communicating with Printer

Discus and support Problem with Communicating with Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandysergent, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Problem with Communicating with Printer

windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice?

[Original Title: printing]

:)

sandysergent, Oct 22, 2018

2. printer problem: "communication not available"

Hi Yana,

It seems like the user in
    this post
    was helped by slance310's suggestion. Can you try the steps that slance310 lists out and let us know if your issue was resolved?

Austin M [MSFT], Oct 22, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Printer not communicating

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer driver?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you try to print?
    • Have you tried
      installing a driver from Dell
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check these articles and perform the troubleshooting steps given:

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Problem with Communicating with Printer

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Communicating with Printer

1. Problem with Communicating with Printer - Similar Threads - Problem Communicating Printer

2. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  3. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to communicate with printer: I am trying to make an .net application that would get the printer status but the program is not getting any status but previously it was getting all the status...
  4. Not being able to communicate with printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer not communicating wih pc

Printer not communicating wih pc: I am using Windows 10 in my HP laptop. My printer is HP desk jet 2630. They are not communicating. What shall I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-communicating-wih-pc/371a1d0a-87ec-40e8-beb0-0450a7acfe0c
  6. Printer Communication problem

Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  7. computer to printer communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer to printer communication: computer is printing to a file and not to the actual printer. How to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-to-printer-communication/4a5e42e8-33b7-4f59-8f4e-e50e4c33ad4a
  8. Printer and computer not communicating

Printer and computer not communicating: How do I determine whether it is the printer or the computer that is not working properly. I ran the printer - Epson WF-3520 - trouble shooter and it says there is not problem. My HP computer tells me that there is a printer error. I have repeatedly done the Wi-Fi setup on...
  9. HP wireless printer communications

HP wireless printer communications: HP wireless printer communications keeps getting lost and I need to reboot the device. The HP printer apps are listed in the Defender acceptance list but communications are still lost. Does anyone know how to prevent this?...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my printer is not communicating with my computer

2. properties bi-directional box

3. problems communicating with printer

4. problems/communication/printer,
  5. windows communication with the printer,
  6. problem communicating with printer followme,
  7. problem communicating with printer