Windows 10: Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV

Discus and support Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot connect my dual monitor with wireless display adaptor to the TV. I can see on TV screen display "Ready for Connection" but the adapter and TV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deniel Figi, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV

I cannot connect my dual monitor with wireless display adaptor to the TV. I can see on TV screen display "Ready for Connection" but the adapter and TV are listed as Unconnected in My Devices. The Action Center doesn’t see these devices

:)

Deniel Figi, Apr 3, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Dual monitors with HDMI not working

Hi Anthony,

If both devices aren't detecting each other after properly setting them up, try these steps and see if it helps:

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Also, you may refer to Andre Da Costa's How to add multiple monitors to
    your Windows 10 PC
    for more information about setting up dual monitors in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV

Laptopc can´t connect to TV

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you connecting the PC and TV using a HDMI cable?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• First you need a video cable for making the physically connection. For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.
    • Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Please revert if you face any issues with PC not connecting to TV.

Jessen P, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV

1. Problem with connecting dual monitor to the TV - Similar Threads - Problem connecting dual

2. Dual Monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor problem: I’m running Windows 10, with a Dell computer. When starting the computer, the left monitor will come on faintly, flicker, and then go black. When the problem first started, reloading the video card using the key combination – Shift, Control, Windows Key and B would enable...
  3. Dual monitors problem

Dual monitors problem: Hello,I have purchased 2nd monitor for my laptop, running windows 11 pro.When I try to set different wallpaper according to every guide online, it doesn't allow me.Like I am going to Setting -> Personalization -> Background and when I right click on the picture that I want it...
  4. dual monitor problem

dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  5. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  6. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  7. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  8. Dual monitors problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors problem: Hello everyone, I have samsung 27 monitor 2560x1440 144hz (connected via hdmi -> hdmi cable) and recently found my very old samsung tv 1680x1050 60hz. Bought adapter cable for it and connecected it via display port -> VGA as second monitor. Everything seems to be working...
  9. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...
  10. Problems with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with dual monitors: So I was using a single 1050p monitor without any problem but then I bought and plugged another 1440p monitor and I noticed that the mouse sometimes getting stuck so I need to ctrl alt and del to log out and in again also the mouse cursor will scroll the page down by itself...