Windows 10: Problem with Connecting to a VPN

Discus and support Problem with Connecting to a VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a couple of VPN connections that work fine. But, one specific connection gives me the following error: "It was not possible to verify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sbudaj, Nov 24, 2020.

1. sbudaj Win User

Problem with Connecting to a VPN

I have a couple of VPN connections that work fine. But, one specific connection gives me the following error: "It was not possible to verify the identity of the server". Using my Android phone with the same exact login credentials, I am able to connect to the VPN without any problems. However, when I try to do so from my computer, I get the above message.

I have a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 updated to the most recent update 20H2.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thanks.

Steve

:)

sbudaj, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Nov 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Problem with Connecting to a VPN :D

P4-630, Nov 24, 2020
  4. aj99000 Win User

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Connecting to a VPN - Similar Threads - Problem Connecting VPN

2. Problem with connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with connecting to VPN: Hello, I have a problem with connecting to VPN, it gives the following error: the remote connection could not be established due to a failure of the used VPN tunnels. The VPN server may be unavailable. If this connection attempts to use an l2tp or ipsec tunnel, the security...
  3. Problem with connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connecting to VPN: Hello, I have a problem with connecting to VPN, it gives the following error: the remote connection could not be established due to a failure of the used VPN tunnels. The VPN server may be unavailable. If this connection attempts to use an l2tp or ipsec tunnel, the security...
  4. Problems with VPN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with VPN connection: Hello. I encountered this problem: after a sudden power outage, my VPN stopped connecting. The connection is established, but after a few seconds, constant reconnection begins. I have already done everything I could, reinstalled the VPN, reset the network settings with three...
  5. Problems with VPN connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with VPN connection: Hello. I encountered this problem: after a sudden power outage, my VPN stopped connecting. The connection is established, but after a few seconds, constant reconnection begins. I have already done everything I could, reinstalled the VPN, reset the network settings with three...
  6. Windows has problems connecting to VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has problems connecting to VPN: Don’t:Post personal information such https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-problems-connecting-to-vpn/7cf55215-6839-48b4-9e80-44d5220b4ecb
  7. Problem with the VPN connection on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with the VPN connection on Windows: Hello there,I'm in need of some help with this...When I have a normal internet connection, I have no issue accessing any website. When I connect to a VPN Hotspot Shield, however, it appears that the site is unavailable. But the weird thing is that when I type something into...
  8. Problem with the VPN connection on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with the VPN connection on Windows: Hello there,I'm in need of some help with this...When I have a normal internet connection, I have no issue accessing any website. When I connect to a VPN Hotspot Shield, however, it appears that the site is unavailable. But the weird thing is that when I type something into...
  9. Problems with download and VPN connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with download and VPN connection: Hi.Today I discovered weird thing, which never occurred before.2-3 weeks before everything was fine. So I'm trying to download patch for a game from https://pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/ . But for some reason, download starts and ends after 2.4-2.8mb. On my phone, in the same...
  10. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...