Windows 10: Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot

Discus and support Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically as the title says, i have been having this issue where i would try to tether internet from my phone's data plan, and my laptop connects to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HMZFTW, Nov 28, 2019.

1. /u/HMZFTW Win User

Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot

So basically as the title says, i have been having this issue where i would try to tether internet from my phone's data plan, and my laptop connects to the network, but whenever i try to open any website or actually connect to the internet, i wouldn't be able it. As if there is no internet connections.

Other devices connect to my phone just fine. Problem is only from my laptop. whenever i use the trouble shooter it tells me to reset the router. But even restarting both the laptop and the phone doesn't work.

Please help.

submitted by /u/HMZFTW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HMZFTW, Nov 28, 2019

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Nov 28, 2019
  3. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot

New phone, slow shared ethernet hotspot

I bought a new phone (Huawei P9 Lite) some weeks ago and changed my phone provider. When I try to share its internet to my laptop via ethernet hotspot, the speed of the connection is quite slow.
    I used to have a Nokia Lumia 925 and the internet would go quite well. For example I could play online videogames with around 60-70 ms. Now sharing the new phone's connection I can browse and stuff, but if I try to play an online game I have more than 100 ms and I noticed that sometimes the connection drops.

Do you guys think it's a problem of the phone provider (which means I can't do much about it..) or do you have any suggestion on how to solve it?

Thank you!

Gnottino90, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot

1. Problem with Connecting to the internet through my Phone's hotspot - Similar Threads - Problem Connecting internet

2. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  3. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  4. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection: I have a computer A, and using A to share internet through ①hotspot or ②WLAN setings like belowIn this two cases, I found that the computer B can get access to the internet through the sharing from host A. BUT, the computer A lost the connection to the internet. Only if I...
  5. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection: I have a computer A, and using A to share internet through ①hotspot or ②WLAN setings like belowIn this two cases, I found that the computer B can get access to the internet through the sharing from host A. BUT, the computer A lost the connection to the internet. Only if I...
  6. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  8. Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access

Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access: Hi,So my 15-month-old son threw my laptop to the floor about 2 weeks ago, it went off and was giving me a black screen, I was able to fix that through help from this forum. But it was not booting to windows, I did a system reset - keep files. This worked and my...
  9. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...
  10. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...