Windows 10: Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

Discus and support Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; - This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ulan Aitbai, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

- This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been discussed in microsoft's forum, but no one could fix that issue! BT Device: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live I could connect before, I guess it started after trying to update/install drivers via specific app for thatWindows: 10LTSC - 1809PC: Asus TUF Gaming F152021 - FX506HM - LaptopCan't fix, help plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I can provide any info about pc/system

:)

Ulan Aitbai, Mar 5, 2022
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Bluetooth device always connected as voice instead of voice and audio

My bluetooth headset used to work just fine. But then when i tried to connect my bluetooth device, it's always connected as voice when it usually say connected to voice and audio. It's working perfectly back then when i connect and it's connected to voice
    and audio and now it's just connected to voice only instead to voice and audio. So if i play music or something, it will play the sound in handfree mode like when we are in phone calls.

Please help me fix this. It's annoying thoo.

Rio Pratama, Mar 5, 2022
  4. cytherian Win User

Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

Cannot connect to Bluetooth audio devices (only) under 21H1.

I had no problem connecting Bluetooth audio devices while running Windows version 20H2, and had 3 different audio devices paired and working normally. Upon upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version (21H1, 19043.1348), they can no longer connect.

There's nothing wrong with the devices. My 2nd system is running 20H2 and is connecting fine with them.

On my primary system running 21H1, I go to the Bluetooth settings screen, see my paired devices in the list. I turn on a Bluetooth audio device... and nothing happens. Previously the laptop would auto-detect the audio device and I'd be good to go. So I select the paired audio device in the list, see the option button to "CONNECT" and press it. IMMEDIATELY, I'm given this message: "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable." It's obvious it's not even trying. It's an instant response. On my 20H2 laptop, when I try to manually connect to a Bluetooth audio device that's not turned on, it takes about 20 seconds or so until the "didn't work" message to appear. It's clearly trying.

NOTE: I have a mouse device connected via Bluetooth and it's working perfectly fine. It's only audio devices that fail.

Another vexing related issue -- if I try to remove any of my Bluetooth audio devices from the paired list, I get a "Remove Failed" message and nothing happens.

Troubleshooting: Went to Devices --> Bluetooth. Did a View of hidden devices... and yes, there were duplicates of these devices listed. I deleted all of them. I rebooted and while they are absent from the Devices list, they're still showing up in the Bluetooth interface and behaving as before. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter that claimed to find a problem and fixed it, but rebooting showed that not to be the case.

Either something appears to be wrong with 21H1, or I have some screwy configuration conflict going on.. I've got Realtek Bluetooth hardware. I have uninstalled Bluetooth and reinstalled the Realtek drivers. No help. Upgrading to 21H1 was long and tedious--I don't want to roll back to 20H2. Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Thanks!

cytherian, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

1. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only. - Similar Threads - Problem connectiong bluetooth

2. Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only: For some reason, windows really wants my bluetooth device to be input only. It doesn't have a microphone tho, as it is my stereo Teufel Combo 42 with bluetooth dongle.Here's what i have to do every time i connect it after booting the PC:* bluetooth devices => remove device*...
  3. Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device is connected as Voice only: For some reason, windows really wants my bluetooth device to be input only. It doesn't have a microphone tho, as it is my stereo Teufel Combo 42 with bluetooth dongle.Here's what i have to do every time i connect it after booting the PC:* bluetooth devices => remove device*...
  4. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.: - This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been discussed in microsoft's forum, but no one could fix that issue! BT Device: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live I could connect before,...
  5. Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with connectiong bluetooth device for audio, as it connects as "voice" only.: - This is the problem I have. It's been almost a month, since I saw this problem. I still can't fix it. I already tried lots of methods that have been discussed in microsoft's forum, but no one could fix that issue! BT Device: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live I could connect before,...
  6. My Bluetooth audio device is only connected to voice but not music?

My Bluetooth audio device is only connected to voice but not music?: I am able to connect to my Bluetooth headphones to my windows 10 computer but there is no audio coming from headphones.I am attaching screenshots of my configuration.Anyone kindly help me!Thanks in advance....
  7. Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.: My bluetooth headsets were working fine before one day, all my headphones would only connect to ''Voice'', nothing else. I tried updating the drivers, I tried everything I could try....
  8. Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice

Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice: Hello, so i have a bluetooth headphone which i bought like 5 years ago, it worked always fine and it still does on my smartphone. one day i connected it to my win 10 laptop as usual to listen to some music, after it connected i opened the youtube website and started...
  9. Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Will Only Connect As Voice - No Audio: For a couple months now, I've been having issues connecting my Bluetooth devices to my PC. Both devices work perfectly when paired with my phone or TV, but when connected to my laptop, both will show as voice connected, but one plays audio with horrendous quality, while the...
  10. Bluetooth Audio Device - Only connecting to voice and not audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Audio Device - Only connecting to voice and not audio: This problem has been going on for a week or so now where I will connect my Bluetooth earbuds to my laptop, and it will only connect to "voice" but won't connect to audio. Whenever I try to play something, it comes out of the laptop's speakers instead. I've tried using other...