Windows 10: Problem with copy paste to sd

Discus and support Problem with copy paste to sd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem and i can't find any solution. I have built my own device, this device read data from microsd cards. The data in microsd are just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hi2all, Dec 18, 2017.

1. hi2all Win User

Problem with copy paste to sd

Hi, i have a problem and i can't find any solution. I have built my own device, this device read data from microsd cards. The data in microsd are just txt files. My problem is that when i c/p the data to sd from windows 7 system, everything works fine! My device read the data normally. But when i paste the same data from windows 10 system , my device does not recognize these data. So the question is what's the difference between windows 10 and windows 7 c/p protocol? Is it something i can fix?

:)

hi2all, Dec 18, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

SD card upgrade (on Lumia 630 Dual with latest WP8.1)

You see this happening with apps on SD cards because, by design, you can not share apps by sharing an SD card with another phone.

Copying one SD card to a newer one will cause problems with pictures. Always install a new or freshly formatted used card into the phone and let the phone create the file structure on the card. Then you can copy/paste. Only copy/paste
    files from a folder. Don't create a
    folder on the card by using copy/paste.

garym123, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Problem with Copy & Paste

Ciao,

I'm Ugo, a Microsoft Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

Regarding your question, can you please share some website examples in which you encounter this issue?

Please let me know.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Dec 18, 2017
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Since very little info is offered about the 'device', I would suspect the 'device' is at the heart of the problem.

What 'operating system' is driving the 'device'?

Just wildly guessing:

If you were to c/p in the other direction, from microSD to SD, is the result the same? For both Windows? That is, can Windows 7 access via the 'device' what Windows 10 has done?

pyramid10, Dec 18, 2017
  5. hi2all Win User
    Let me explain a bit more, my device is just a frequency generator and it has custom operating system, it has nothing to do with android or windows or unix etc... i just install the microsd card which contains files that i c/p through pc and read them. If i c/p the files through windows 7 everything work just fine, if i c/p them to the same microsd card the exact same files it doesn't work. My guess is that windows 10 use different protocols to c/p files in usb than windows 7. The problem is for sure windows 10 c/p system to usb. My question is if there is a solution something like to emulate windows 7 protocol c/p to usb, in windows 10 machine

hi2all, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with copy paste to sd - Similar Threads - Problem copy paste

2. Copy and paste problem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste problem in windows 11: I can't able to copy and paste on my laptop. I tried in many ways to fix this by watching videos on YouTube but no use. it is showing 400 Bad requests while pasting something. my laptop specs arewindows11, 11th generation* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Copy and paste problem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste problem in windows 11: I can't able to copy and paste on my laptop. I tried in many ways to fix this by watching videos on YouTube but no use. it is showing 400 Bad requests while pasting something. my laptop specs arewindows11, 11th generation* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Copy and paste problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and paste problem: I am having problems with my copy/paste function.I have 2777 photos JPEG on a dvd and am trying to copy/paste to a portable 2GB SSD hard drive.When I open F: where the dvd is, when I click Select All then copy then paste to iDriveWiFiD: SSD, it will start pasting. When it...
  5. copy paste damaging files when pasting into an sd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste damaging files when pasting into an sd: I had to format the SD card of my phone, so i saved a couple of file in my Surface so that i could later copy them into the formatted SD. Formatting went without a problem, but when i was copying the files back, some did not go through it untouched AKA i cant open a few of...
  6. Sticky Notes copy/paste problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes copy/paste problem.: Lately when I try to use keyboard shortcuts to copy or paste with Sticky Notes it doesn't work right. It usually requires me to do it twice. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix? submitted by /u/PeterPanLives [link] [comments]...
  7. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  8. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  9. Problems with Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Copy and Paste: Hi I'm new here and new to Windows 10, which installed itself onto my computer just recently. I have some folders I like to backup to Dropbox and in Windows 7 I would simply copy the folder and then past into the Dropbox window and I would get an option, amongst other...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...