Windows 10: problem with copying files

Discus and support problem with copying files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i copy files with the same name in windows 10 to my phone why dont i see an option to 'compare both files'? instead it is just 2 options - 'copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by starhustler, Apr 21, 2019.

1. problem with copying files

when i copy files with the same name in windows 10 to my phone why dont i see an option to 'compare both files'? instead it is just 2 options - 'copy and replace' or 'skip'

:)

starhustler, Apr 21, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

problem with copying files

Copying files

As this relates to music file, do you use a music manager? If so check if it has any functions to do what you want.
    If not the music manager I use would do what you need without a problem do a search for MediaMonkey I use the Gold Version but the free version should allow you to list all the music files on the USB and you can then select all files right click and select "copy to" and navigate to your required location and all files will be copied for you.

It's late here now but will see what I can put together in step by step with screen shots in the morning here.

mediamonky handles my 30000+ track collection so should be OK for however many files you need to move now and in the future, plus a lot more

Barman58, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

problem with copying files

1. problem with copying files - Similar Threads - problem copying files

2. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  3. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying problem: i am copying data from my PC to SSD, copying showing files are copying but after compleation of process; files not showed in SSD. same problem with copying data from SSD and USB flash drive....
  4. Files copying problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  6. Copying Problem

Copying Problem: While copying rather transferring files from one Hard Disk to another - larger one, I faced a peculiar problem. Old disk probably had a few corrupted files and copying was aborted for the files with "Invalid MsDOS function... try again skip" etc. That's OK, and is natural....
  7. copy problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy problem: I have a Brother MFC-9130CW printer and it won't copy properly. the ink is very, very light. We have replaced the ink cartridges, but it still won't copy. We can print from our computer, but not do a copy. any suggestions?...
  8. quickassist copy files problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    quickassist copy files problem: Hello, I have sometimes a problem after establish a quickassist full control connection. I want to give assist and have to copy some files to remote computer. The user on remote computer has admin rights. On some computers I can copy files to remote computer but on other...
  9. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  10. Problem with windows defender not copying files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with windows defender not copying files: Hello i needed to copy a very large number of various files from one partition to another, but windows defender kept interrupting sting it wouldn’t copy the file as it may contain something harmful / virus......not sure if it deleted the files or not, hopefully not.....none...