Windows 10: Problem with Cortana

Discus and support Problem with Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I had been using since I started using windows 10. But last year, the app stopped working in India... Please revert the changes... That would be... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Madhav Ramini, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Problem with Cortana

I had been using since I started using windows 10.

But last year, the app stopped working in India... Please revert the changes... That would be better.

:)

Madhav Ramini, Nov 21, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Problem with Cortana

cortana problem after the update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are facing problem with Cortana on your PC.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Cortana's regions and languages

Also perform these steps and check:

1. Click on Cortana icon on the taskbar and sign in with your Microsoft Account
    2. If you still receive the same message, go to Microsoft Store and search for Cortana.
    3. Click on the Get button, and install the update from the Store
    4. Launch Cortana, sign into it.

If the issue persists then reinstall/re-register Cortana.

1. Press Windows + X key and click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste the below command and press Enter key:
    Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Restart the PC and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Cortana

1. Problem with Cortana - Similar Threads - Problem Cortana

2. Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird recurring problem: can't click anything until Cortana is killed via Task Manager: Randomly happens every couple of weeks. I suddenly can't click anything. I can't even close any window that's open. I have to press ctrl-alt-dlt, and use my arrow keys to go to Cortana (since I can't click or scroll anything) and kill it. Another issue is that I also can't...
  3. Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?

in Cortana
    Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?: When I go to settings and turn on the setting that allows you to use the wake word Cortana, it says that it should work on the Cortana app. However, when I say her name the wake word she doesn't respond, and when I go into the app and ask her why she just says 'Sorry, I can't...
  4. cortana problem

in Cortana
    cortana problem: hellow ! how can i solve this problem in my pc Cortana always says "I can learn to understand you much better if I can get familiar with the way you talk , i need your permission to help ". This is endlessly annoying, but I need to chat cortana by talk . Any help would...
  5. Cortana Problems

in Cortana
    Cortana Problems: I have cortana since my purchase but there's some problem with it.It is like this.Please help,please!! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problems/c240bd35-09a9-42c0-af81-6a5e50cf949b
  6. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibr7x9/mic_only_works_in_cortana_nowhere_else_ive_had_it/
  7. Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Cortana is not able to launch applications. Is anyone else facing this problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S0uvik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iaqu4p/cortana_is_not_able_to_launch_applications_is/
  8. signin problem with cortana

in Cortana
    signin problem with cortana: When I open Cortana, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft Account. But when I clicked the "Sign in", a black windows appeared in 3-4s and asked me to choose your microsoft account. I choosed by my microsoft account. But after that it stated that cortana is not available...
  9. problems with cortana setting reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with cortana setting reminder: hello everyone, this is my first question in this forum, I hope to be able to solve my problem. Pretty much since about September 2019 cortana stopped working when I try to set a reminder. The error returned sound like " I'm sorry, an error has occurred, try again in a...
  10. problem with setting up cortana

in Cortana
    problem with setting up cortana: I am from India . when i tried to activate cortana on my laptop it asked me to sign in with a microsoft account before it could help me . But when i chose an account and clicked on sign in a black window pops out and does not responds and closes automatically after a few...