Windows 10: Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

Discus and support Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem with my cpu, when I play the processor goes into full load and the video card instead remains at 0%, two days that goes on like this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stefanobruschi, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

I have a problem with my cpu, when I play the processor goes into full load and the video card instead remains at 0%, two days that goes on like this with all the games. My configuration: Cpu: i5 7600k Motherboard: MSI z270 pro carbon Video card: MSI GAMING X 1060 6gb Ram: 8gb ddr4 2400Mhz OS: Windows 10 pro 1803 Build: 17134.228

:)

stefanobruschi, Aug 17, 2018
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Aug 17, 2018
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    CPU Goes to 100 % when playing any game?

Name a couple of games. What frame rate are they averaging ?

Is the 750m also pushing 100% .

Laptops always run a bit hot while gaming, but have you monitored the cpu and gpu temps under gaming load ?

Real Temp

GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility (to select the highest temp click on the down arrow next to GPU Temp in the Sensors tab).

- If not you may be using too low in game settings. This has been

known to push processing onto the cpu rather than the gpu.

BossDweeb, Aug 17, 2018
  4. maybei Win User

Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

CPU and GPU clock speeds drop under load

I'm having a weird problem with my laptop where, every few seconds during playing high-load games, the CPU and GPU both drop speed sharply for a second, causing a big slowdown in framerate. (For instance, the CPU speed will suddenly drop from about 3.4 GHz
    to less than 0.8 GHz). At the same time, the screen's brightness will dip as well, which suggests to me that it's related to my power settings. It also seems to happen more frequently when I'm charging a low battery than when the battery is full - I've even
    had it happen while streaming video when I'm charging from a low battery.

I've tried switching my power plan settings so that everything is the same for "On battery" and "Plugged in", which solves the brightness changing but does not solve the speed drop. I've also tried monitoring the temperatures of the GPU and CPU but they never
    seem too high. I've tried clean installs, updating drivers, etc. I don't have anything overclocked. I've had the laptop for a about a year and the problem is quite new, and seems to be getting worse.

System:

Gigabyte P55 WR7 notebook

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.8GHz

16 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

maybei, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

1. Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game - Similar Threads - Problem cpu 100%

2. Experiencing 100% CPU Load at Inconsistent Intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing 100% CPU Load at Inconsistent Intervals: I have been experiencing stuttering on my PC caused by my CPU maxing out at random intervals usually in the 2-20 minutes range. I originally thought that the cause was related to another problem I have been experiencing:...
  3. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  4. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  5. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Login fails to load under 100% GPU load

Windows Login fails to load under 100% GPU load: I do some 3D rendering on my laptop and these renders typically render from an hour to two hours and during this time, I lock my computer and close my laptop. My settings are set so that when I close the lid it would do nothing preventing shutdown. However, I've been...
  7. dwm.exe 100% CPU load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dwm.exe 100% CPU load: I have this Windows 10 (1903 with latest updates) computer that I log on to by using Remote Desktop. As long as I am logged in, everything is fine. As soon as I disconnect and the user remains logged on, Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) jumps to 100% CPU usage. (The dwm.exe...
  8. dwm.exe 100% CPU load

in Windows 10 Support
    dwm.exe 100% CPU load: I have this Windows 10 (1903 with latest updates) computer that I log on to by using Remote Desktop. As long as I am logged in, everything is fine. As soon as I disconnect and the user remains logged on, dwm.exe jumps to 100% CPU usage. (The dwm.exe instance running in the...
  9. Problems with loading a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with loading a game: when trying to load a 2004 game it is coming up with Failed to Create Direct 3D Device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/problems-with-loading-a-game/2ce86640-dd6c-4670-b8a0-d35797f7b06d
  10. BSOD during CPU and GPU load

BSOD during CPU and GPU load: Hello guys , this is very frustrating , I've bought a used computer a year ago , a few months in I started getting bsods while playing CSGO , It doesn't crash when not running games . It was completely random . I would also get crackling noise in my headphones before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu 100% gpu 0% on games

2. cpu 100 gpu 0

3. laptop cpu 100% gpu 0

4. cpu 100% gpu 0%,
  5. windows phone 0% gpu