Windows 10: Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams

Discus and support Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been having this problem for a while where Cryptographic services using 25%+ of my CPU and when this happens, it "inadvertently?" is causing major... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TFSpectre, Dec 2, 2018.

1. TFSpectre Win User

Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams

Been having this problem for a while where Cryptographic services using 25%+ of my CPU and when this happens, it "inadvertently?" is causing major problems with Firefox streaming from Twitch, it seems to either block or prevent the stream video coming down properly and repeatedly causes the stream to time out, yet when I stop the service, everything works just fine so I'm unsure what to do about preventing it from causing issues as it restarts itself every so often and when it's back, my streams die again. Cryptographic services doesn't seem to be working properly as it is just causing problems, I'd like to lower it's CPU impact but that is only because when I stop it, streams work properly again. I'd prefer not to kill it off permanently as I'm sure Microsoft put it there for a reason, but the effect it is having on being able to use streams is killing the ability to see them, which is obviously not what it should be doing. I have tried a few suggestions but would prefer to allow it to do whatever job it is supposed to do WHEN it is supposed to do it, not like it is now where it is just causing problems.

:)

TFSpectre, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Alcasczar Win User

Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop

So I've been monitoring a minor glitch or annoyance with certain applications, Battlenet app is one and twitch desktop. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

I see the Windows Cryptographic service hitting the CPU a little more than it's supposed to and this causes the battlenet app and twitch to sort of spin ( I can launch games and stuff still) but the advertisements , videos and other content is just not there.

Once I stop the Windows Cryptographic service, things start working normally like they should. After a few hours the problem repeats and I have to once again stop the service or exit the applications causing the issue. One other fun fact:: I can exit the twitch desktop application and cryptographic services goes back to normal operating processes so I've been doing that now instead of stoping cryptographic services. When the problem happens It seems to hit the CPU about 10% though soon as I launch the twitch desktop which refuses to let me login. I've also tried re-installing twitch desktop numerous times and it does not help the issue.

I can find no logs and nothing in event viewer to identify the problem.

If anyone has any information, I'd be glad to hear. Windows updates are up to date and I've tried reloading windows several times but this keeps happening.

All drivers are also up to date.,

Hardware:

Motherboard:ASUS Maximus Hero X
    CPU: Intel I7 8700K
    GPU: ASUS ROG 1080-GTX-TI (3 fan OC version)
    RAM 32GB of Corsair Vengenance DDR4 RAM
    PSU: 1200 watt Coolermaster
    SSD: Samsung EVO 960 1TB M.2

Let me know if you need anything else.

Update: I did a complete re-install of Blizzard Battlenet app and it hasn't been doing this as often. The biggest problem now is TWITCH desktop, I've tried both beta and live versions of twitch desktop and it still happens.

I've also tried to isolate the problem using the application Process monitor but could not find any information valueable that lead to me believe there is an error or problem with the service.

I've also run through SFC /scannow and found no corruption. Other than this my hardware is working just perfectly fine

:/

Alcasczar, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Alcasczar Win User

Thank you, but the issue is I am not getting any errors in any of the applications that are affected by this. I tried a few things including SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption, fixed them but yet this problem still persists.

I checked dxdiag and it's not showing any problems. I Press F12 while loading the twitch Desktop and can see time-outs occuring while cryptographic services is "freaking out" but soon as I stop it, the connection is made. I see the publishers certificate but have no idea what cert store but it appears valid and trusted and has a valid signer so I don't think it's the providers cert by any means. I tried contacting twitch interactive about it but I got nothing but silence from them on it.

Alcasczar, Dec 2, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Since Twitch is causing the problem, Amazon owns it. The problems with Twitch have been known for a very long time.

bro67, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with Cryptographic Services causing major issues with Twitch streams - Similar Threads - Problem Cryptographic Services

2. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  3. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i have a problem with the ineternet in games and twitch viewing streams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a problem with the ineternet in games and twitch viewing streams: i have this problem where i constantly get intenet imterrupt when am in online games and viewing live streams on twitch. and your PROset adpter says Interrupt Satuts : Failed everything is good and pass except for this how do i fix it, have everything updated and dont...
  6. Cryptographic Services run amok

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cryptographic Services run amok: We have multiple PCs in our organization showing high disk usage from 'Service Host: Cryptographic Services' and intermittent performance issues accompanying it. Performance issues include Microsoft Office Applications going to 'Not Responding' for 20-30 seconds before...
  7. cryptographic services

in Windows 10 Customization
    cryptographic services: today when i turned my computer on google chrome was taking a very long time despite my internet working fine so i searched around for solutions and i came across someone in a forum telling me to change the log on setting to local system account in cryptographic services and...
  8. Watching streams on Twitch.tv is causing major performance issues while gaming.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Watching streams on Twitch.tv is causing major performance issues while gaming.: The situation is that I run a dual-monitor setup, where I like to play a game on monitor A while watching a stream on Twitch.tv with monitor B. This has been working fine for me with no issues up until 2 or 3 weeks ago after a mandatory Windows 10 update was installed. Now...
  9. my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my videos stream are lagging (youtube and twitch): i need help. when i watch youtuber videos or twitch video keeps lagging even when i lower the quality of the source (130p). the audio is fine (now) the video isn't in sync with the audio and just jumps where the audio is. my windows is up-to-date so is my anti virus just...
  10. Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Gllitchy Cryptographic services or twitch desktop: So I've been monitoring a minor glitch or annoyance with certain applications, Battlenet app is one and twitch desktop. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I see the Windows Cryptographic service hitting the CPU a little more than it's supposed to and this causes the battlenet app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE ISSUES

2. how to solve windows cryptographic services cpu problem