Windows 10: Problem with default gateway not available on windows

Discus and support Problem with default gateway not available on windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Now my router is fine, connection is good and stable on my phone and even my laptop's wifi card is fine as my dual boot with elementary OS has no issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kjking1995, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Problem with default gateway not available on windows

Now my router is fine, connection is good and stable on my phone and even my laptop's wifi card is fine as my dual boot with elementary OS has no issue with wifi. I even cross checked if settings are different in that system but they are practically the same. a quick search on google told me to troubleshoot, update drivers, use device manager to remove to card and reboot, reset all network settings, change DNS. My connection is ipv4 so someone said disable ipv6 and it should work. But so far it's the same problem. I used command line to reset ip after troubleshooting and it kinda works for 4-5 hour which is more than 15-20minutes the other methods bought me. But the problem is annoying and I don't understand what the problem is. I had a samba server in linux but it would not interfere in any way as it was closed but I even removed that in case it was conflicting the gateway which I remember settings it to something that didn't conflict with my normal connect.

if anyone has had or is having the same problem and has a solution please let me know.

submitted by /u/kjking1995
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kjking1995, Sep 18, 2020
  2. charleswp Win User

Default Gateway Not Available Problem

I recently began getting the default gateway issue. It connects if I reset but, keeps coming back.
    I have tied a few of the popular internet fixes to no avail. Checked for updates, changed power management options, etc.
    It has been suggested to uninstall/reinstall the driver but, I am not sure what driver is what.
    I have listed under network adapters in the device manager:
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Intel(R) 82579 LM Gigabit Network Adapter
    Which of these is actually the wireless adapter?
    I have read lots of posts about this but, no real answers.
    Using Google Fiber. I am fairly sure that the issue is not with the router as I have another laptop with Windows 7
    (the one I am using now) and it does not have this problem
    I am not much of a computer person at all so, please boil it down to dummy level for me if you choose to respond,

charleswp, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Problem with default gateway not available on windows

Default gateway is not available

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. we will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps given in the below thread and check if it helps:

"default gateway is not available"

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Problem with default gateway not available on windows

1. Problem with default gateway not available on windows - Similar Threads - Problem default gateway

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The default gateway is not available.: Hello, I keep disconnecting to the internet and when I do the troubleshoot it says “The default gateway is not available —— fixed” It would fix the internet for a second then it would disconnect again. I run the troubleshoot and it’s the same thing over and over again....
  4. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  5. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  6. Default Gateway Not Available Problem

Default Gateway Not Available Problem: I recently began getting the default gateway issue. It connects if I reset but, keeps coming back. I have tied a few of the popular internet fixes to no avail. Checked for updates, changed power management options, etc. It has been suggested to uninstall/reinstall the driver...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. "The default gateway is not available"

"The default gateway is not available": Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...