Windows 10: Problem with default program to open a Drive

Discus and support Problem with default program to open a Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I didn't find any similar problems. When I double click on a drive (C: D: or USB Drive), it should open in the file explorer. But since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BaptisteMby, May 28, 2019.

1. Problem with default program to open a Drive

Hello,

I didn't find any similar problems.

When I double click on a drive (C: D: or USB Drive), it should open in the file explorer. But since I migrated to Windows 10, it's the bitlocker activation that opens automatically....

If I right click, I see "Enable Bitlocker" as the default choice. How can I replace it with "Open"?

Thank you very much, it's very annoying...

Problem with default program to open a Drive 05c6122d-b083-4200-a731-0cb02c020f7c?upload=true.jpg Problem with default program to open a Drive 76ca4cd8-83b3-4d3d-995c-0f782c70f722?upload=true.jpg

:)

BaptisteMby, May 28, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Problem with default program to open a Drive :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 28, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 28, 2019
  4. Problem with default program to open a Drive

Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Problem with default program to open a Drive

1. Problem with default program to open a Drive - Similar Threads - Problem default program

2. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  3. Problem Openning Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Openning Programs: Hello, my pc was updated but now some of the program that I have can't open it. [Original Title: windows8.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-openning-programs/7eb87e1c-c239-49b3-80f6-76f0ad185439
  4. Problems opening Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems opening Programs: I recently uninstalled avast security and Cleanup Premium as they took up too much Memory. But after that some apps like VMware workstation pro and MS Edge are not launching. If I try to launch them from the start menu, nothing happens. No window pops up. But If I try to...
  5. Program opening problem

Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  6. Program opening problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Program opening problem: I am a complete novice with computers and have a great difficulty in opening programs! I download the program , go through the exe and get the program into the computer but each time I try to open it I seem to get the exe again and a window saying " do you wish to remove the...
  7. open with in app default programs

open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  8. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  9. Program windows default opening settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program windows default opening settings?: Seem to be getting new behaviour. Programs and folders are opening in a consistent central position and size. That persists however I then close and re-open. I'm pretty sure they used to re-appear wherever I last positioned them. I thought it might be down to...
  10. Open drive not default in This Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Open drive not default in This Computer: Hello! Excuse me if this has been asked before, I have a weird issue in This Computer. When I double-click a hard drive or other device, it tries to launch some unknown deleted application and fails with an error message (see below). If I right-click on the drive, I see...