Windows 10: Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

Discus and support Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kushagra Lamba, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10.
    I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system
    After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder to the :E drive partitioned
    I did it with an option in the downloads properties
    So what it did was that it copied all the files to the :E drive but,
    It showed an error in between and couldn't transfer many files
    It wasn't a regular type error that says try again or skip. I'm a youtuber and those files in downloads were very important to me. And they weren't in the recycle bin too. Nor in the original downloads directory.
    So can anyone PLS help me with this situation. I need those files. How can I recover them ?

:)

Kushagra Lamba, Jun 25, 2020

2. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder :(

lyndonguitar, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

1. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Problem deleted files

2. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  3. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  5. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  6. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  8. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  9. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder again: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder...
  10. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175