Windows 10: Problem with desktop (possibly)

Discus and support Problem with desktop (possibly) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since I reset my PC, (wiped the drives and re installed windows) I have not been able to open Nvidia control panel and whenever I right click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eilman Karim, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Problem with desktop (possibly)

Ever since I reset my PC, (wiped the drives and re installed windows) I have not been able to open Nvidia control panel and whenever I right click on the desktop, the busy icon on the cursor shows up and nothing launches as well as the desktop stops responding. If anyone can help in any way, that would be great.

:)

Eilman Karim, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Problem with desktop (possibly)

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Problem with desktop (possibly)

1. Problem with desktop (possibly) - Similar Threads - Problem desktop possibly

2. WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop typing not possible.: Since re-installation of WhatsApp on my desktop, I can't type in the text box anymore. Typed on my mobile, it is also shown on the desktop WhatsApp. I can open the App easily but no text typing possible....
  3. Possible hacker problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible hacker problem.: Ok, so I basically had a hacker in my mailbox a while ago. I changed all the passwords up and I thought I managed to get him out. This night though, I was working on some small stuff, when I suddenly got a RDP session request from a local account I made on my PC?! I used...
  4. Interesting Desktop Possibilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interesting Desktop Possibilities: Some may find these 2 things interesting:1 is the clock: it is highly customisable Style, size, position and more It is the Aero Clock2 is the taskbar: it is highly customisable Does not have to be as shownIt is RoundedTB, an app from Microsoft StoreCheers,Drew...
  5. Interesting Desktop Possibilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interesting Desktop Possibilities: Some may find these 2 things interesting:1 is the clock: it is highly customisable Style, size, position and more It is the Aero Clock2 is the taskbar: it is highly customisable Does not have to be as shownIt is RoundedTB, an app from Microsoft StoreCheers,Drew...
  6. Possible HDD problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible HDD problem: Just had a scare... A L W A Y S B A C K U P *Shock I have a bunch of HDs in this box. I have a client HD that is a Seagate®NAS HDDST3000VN000 I was working on it and it disappeared. dskmgr said it had failed. reactivate did nothing. panic. I took off the connectors,...
  7. possible problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    possible problem: I re-installed win 10 pro 3 days ago and everything seems ok....... but....... if you check out the attached pic of my "This PC" it has local diskc and DVD drive in Devices and Drives 2. Is this normal or a problem. If so can it be fixed and how? Thanks in advance. [img]...
  8. possible problem

in Windows 10 Support
    possible problem: I re-installed win 10 pro 3 days ago and everything seems ok....... but....... if you check out the attached pic of my "This PC" it has local diskc and DVD drive in Devices and Drives 2. Is this normal or a problem. If so can it be fixed and how? Thanks in advance. [img]...
  9. Possible Teredo problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Possible Teredo problem: Hello everybody, I sincerely hope you can help me, cause I'm in trouble. I'm currently experiencing some issues with my ethernet connected devices, that are xbox, smart tv and sky decoder. On my xbox the message error xbox.com/xboxone/teredo appeared. Now the weird...
  10. Possible profile problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible profile problem: not aware of installing anything recently, but all of a sudden, the start menu won't select, the search bar doesn't work....also cant use right click to close running programs on the bottom bar. Plus strangely enough the mouse settings have changed. created a new user...