Windows 10: Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

Discus and support Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 64-bit HP laptop that's about a year old. Today, when I got home from work, I noticed that it seemed to have restarted, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gsfvxcvx, May 21, 2019.

1. gsfvxcvx Win User

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

I have a Windows 10 64-bit HP laptop that's about a year old. Today, when I got home from work, I noticed that it seemed to have restarted, so I assumed it had downloaded a Windows update.

However, I suddenly have a number of problems that I didn't have this morning before I left for work. The device manager, event viewer, disk management, and computer management all give me an error when I try to open it. The errors are identical, except for the file listed. This is the one from the device manager:

MCC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.

The second error I have is that it will no longer detect any wireless networks, and when I try to launch the troubleshooter, I get another error message:

Package ID: Unknown

Path: Unknown

Error Code: 0x8007045A

Source: Command line

User: (my username)

Context: Restricted

I tried to do a system restore, both from the control panel and from safe mode, and I got yet another error message. I didn't transcribe that one entirely, unfortunately, but the error code was 0x80070571.

I found multiple internet forums suggesting that I replace msxml3.dll, msxml3a.dll, and msxml3r.dll, which I did, but couldn't get them to register properly using regsrv32, so that didn't work.

My laptop is imperative to my job, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

gsfvxcvx, May 21, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, May 21, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection [​IMG]

putermaker, May 21, 2019
  4. Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

Network adapters show up in device manager but not network connections

Hi Benxas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you connect to Wired/Wireless network?

If you are connected to wireless network the I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

If you are Connected to wired connection, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Driver tab, click Driver Details.
    • Under Driver files, if the path listed ends with either k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, or a variant of this file name, then please continue with the solution provided below.
      If it does not match these file names, the proposed workaround is not likely to resolve your issue.
      Please post the make and model of your PC, along with the driver file name, and the Driver Date and Driver Version listed in the Driver tab, along with an explanation of the symptom you are experiencing.

If the name of your Broadcom driver matches k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, to resolve your problem:
    • Return to the Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Advanced tab, look for and select the property, “Receive Side Scaling”.
      Set it to Disabled, and click OK.
    • You may need to reboot your computer.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection

1. Problem with Device Manager & Network Connection - Similar Threads - Problem Device Manager

2. Network connectivity problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connectivity problem: Hello I have a wireless desktop PC that connects to the Internet via a dongle. I now have a second desktop PC Advent SE2102 that I want to connect to the Internet using the same dongle, but I cannot see a list of available networks or my own network. I have installed the...
  3. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. device manager problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    device manager problem: why my laptop doesn't have any port settings such as communications port ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-problem/64f7472c-eb53-4b56-88d6-5e52f64d5e08
  5. Device Manager Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Manager Problem: Okay so recently i had a few problems with my onboard GPU, i decided to uninstall the device and reboot my system... well that didnt work out as intended as device manager is not adding my onboard GPU.... i need help ASAP....
  6. Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager: Ethernet connection not showing under network connections or device manager. The only items showing in the device manager are WAN's. I have a LAN...
  7. Network connection problem

Network connection problem: I'm having a real problem with my computer - I'm using Windows 10 Home, and the Microsoft Edge browser. I'm constantly losing my internet connection. From what I can tell, my router and modem are working fine. I've run the Network Diagnostic Troubleshooter and it can't...
  8. Device manager problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager problem: Since upgrading to Win 10 I have these "other devices" flagged. I have tried updating each and get the same results. I tried deleting them, but when re-discovered them I get the same flags. Pic attached. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H mb, an i7 4770k cpu, 16 gigs of memory, a...
  9. 10122 Network problem connecting to LAN devices

10122 Network problem connecting to LAN devices: I have a network of Virtual machines some Windows 7 and 2 Windows 10. One of the Windows 10 I installed 10122 from an ISO and have had to restore back to 10074 because of a failure to connect to the other machines on my LAN. The other was upgraded to 10122 in situ. It still...
  10. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc: So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date. Now I have my old card...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro not showing network address on device manager

2. device name of connection in device manager window