Windows 10: problem with device's keyboard

Discus and support problem with device's keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, i wanted to find solutions to my problem. i have this weird thing going on with my laptop's keyboard. sometimes, it always press f1 by itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdoNugraha, Feb 4, 2021.

1. problem with device's keyboard

hello, i wanted to find solutions to my problem.

i have this weird thing going on with my laptop's keyboard. sometimes, it always press f1 by itself and repeatedly popping up windows help on microsoft edge, but after that my keyboard doesn't functioned as they were before, they changed how they work, so when i close down the microsoft edge windows and type normally, they act as a shortcut like when i pressed e opened file explorer, pressing up arrow maximize windows, pressing w opened whiteboard, etc,. but, problem goes away when i press win+e directly, they just behave normally after that.

sometimes this happened after windows update, or i'm turning on my laptop without cooling fan. the laptop is 5 years old now.

how do i fix this?? does this problem has any relation with laptop's heat?? looking forward for the answers, because this is very annoying and disrupting my workflow. thanks in advance

:)

EdoNugraha, Feb 4, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

problem with device's keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

problem with device's keyboard

1. problem with device's keyboard - Similar Threads - problem device's keyboard

2. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  3. HID Keyboard device problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID Keyboard device problem: Short problem description:- New USB connected sound every 30-60 seconds- New USB connected notification with that- A new list entry of 'HID Keyboard device' in the device manager- Sometimes it randomly stops and then becomes incredibly annoying againI have this on my work...
  4. Device keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device keyboard: My notebook's keyboard isn't working. Actually not the whole keyboard, some of the keys. For example a, s, d.. are some of them. I actually don't know how to resolve it so I request your kind support....
  5. keyboard device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard device: Windows recently did an update on my laptop, causing my laptop keyboard to stop working. the device has disappeared from device manager and I have tried everything I can think of to get it back. windows will not let me reboot my laptop, unsure why this wont work either, and I...
  6. keyboard problem

keyboard problem: Hi, i`ve just updated to the latest windows update available for me and my window key plus the menu key on my keyboard stopped working, instead they have enter function, like if i select something on desktop and i press either of them it`s the execute command. I`ve searched...
  7. Keyboard Problem

Keyboard Problem: Hi, I have a HP ProBook laptop with Windows 10. Suddenly, the Enter and Backspace key stopped working and would thereafter start working intermittently. I wanted to know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. If anyone else has faced this issue please let me...
  8. Keyboard problem

Keyboard problem: Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop with windows 10. My F1-F12 keys to change screen brightness, change volume, skip and play songs, etc . are no longer working. I saw an answer back in 2013 I tried it and it didn't work. Help would be much appreciated....
  9. keyboard problem

keyboard problem: hi my laptop keyboard is not functioning properly. Everytime to type i have to press left control key otherwise it does not type at all rather opens different windows. its very difficult as i am a research student. please help. what should i do?...
  10. USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows

USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows: So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver without success, so i've resetted the PC (windows system reset) and it would seem I still have exactly the same problem... I'm out of solutions here For info, i'm running Synergy, a program that allows me to use the mouse...