Windows 10: Problem with different languages on Windows

Discus and support Problem with different languages on Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason I have 4 keyboard languages, even though I've installed only 3 language packs. I've already tried reinstalling language packages and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikhailKochetov, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Problem with different languages on Windows

For some reason I have 4 keyboard languages, even though I've installed only 3 language packs. I've already tried reinstalling language packages and restarting my laptop a few times, but it doesn't seem to work. I've bought my laptop in Austria German-speaking country, and the installation of Windows was in German Austria. Later I've changed the system language to English US, and downloaded Russian language pack.Could you tell any possible ways of fixing this bug?

:)

MikhailKochetov, Oct 24, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Windows suddenly mixing different languages

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall French language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to add

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Select French Language and click on the
      Option, adjacent to French language.

• Click on Remove.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you

Santosh_Rai, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Problem with different languages on Windows

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Problem with different languages on Windows

1. Problem with different languages on Windows - Similar Threads - Problem different languages

2. Windows updates in different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates in different language: Updates for Windows and Microsoft Office installed in different language, then the language appeared in some parts in the windows, notice that the preferred language is English....
  3. Windows updates in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates in different language: Updates for Windows and Microsoft Office installed in different language, then the language appeared in some parts in the windows, notice that the preferred language is English....
  4. Windows updates in different language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. Different languages

Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  7. Problem with different languages on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with different languages on Windows: For some reason I have 4 keyboard languages, even though I've installed only 3 language packs. I've already tried reinstalling language packages and restarting my laptop a few times, but it doesn't seem to work. I've bought my laptop in Austria German-speaking country, and...
  8. Problem with different languages on Windows

Problem with different languages on Windows: For some reason I have 4 keyboard languages, even though I've installed only 3 language packs. I've already tried reinstalling language packages and restarting my laptop a few times, but it doesn't seem to work. I've bought my laptop in Austria German-speaking country, and...
  9. Part of windows is in different language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Part of windows is in different language: Parts of windows is in swedish, even though it should be in danish. I have no clue why. Most parts are in danish. Images of problem submitted by /u/MesterSkunk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy7tt2/part_of_windows_is_in_different_language/
  10. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...