Windows 10: Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

Discus and support Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HI Since performing the Anniversary Update 3 days ago, I have been unable to access my digital certificates used for identification and signing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DaveinSpain, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

HI
    Since performing the Anniversary Update 3 days ago, I have been unable to access my digital certificates used for identification and signing emails.

When I try to access a site that I need the certificate for, I now get the message that no certificate has been received and in Windows Live Mail, the Signature icon is greyed out and I can't sign the emails. Everything worked fine on Thursday, a few hours before the update and the same certificates work correctly on my wife's Windows 7 machine.

The certificates all appear correct in the Certificate Store.

Anyone have any ideas, please?

Thanks

Dave

Edit. I have just spent an hour checking the certificates and their locations. These are all correct, so I assume that the system is looking for them inthe wrong place. Any suggestions. Microsoft insist it is 3 different web sites and Windows Live mail that have the problem not Windows 10, although they had no answer for why everything still works as it should under Windows 7

:)

DaveinSpain, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Elrendhel Win User
    86000108 error

Sounds like a digital certificate issue since you get 15 messages with WM6, but none with WM5. Also, the error message 86000108 regards the lack of a verisign digital certificate, so that jives.

I would focus on copying your exchange server's root/trust certificate over onto the WM5 device and see if that helps!

Elrendhel, Sep 3, 2016
  4. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

I have the same problem.
    Getting the digital certificate was a long process involving visiting various local government offices.
    Now for some reason when I click the link my compuer is looking in the wrong place.
    my certificate is still in the certificate store.
    There needs to be an answer to this problem.

tuckswood8, Nov 3, 2016
  5. I eventually traced the problem to the ad-banner in my Kaspersky antivirus. Disabled that component and it now works fine. Kaspersky are aware of the problem.

Dave

DaveinSpain, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Thanks for the reply Dave. I needed my certificate urgently so I succumbed and paid 17.95 for a one-time Reimage! This worked fine and also resolved several other glitches caused by the Anniversary update. It really isn't good enough however that Microsoft now puts out updates that we can't avoid, and then doesn't want to know about problems caused. Paul

tuckswood8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

1. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Problem digital certificates

2. digital certificates ending

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    digital certificates ending: Does anyone know anything about the pending end of digital certificates issue on Sept. 30th which is today that is suppose to effect older computers ability to access the internet and or websites? After reading an article today I thought I had better ask this question as I...
  3. Digital signing certificate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital signing certificate: My System can't detect the etoken and digital signing certificate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-signing-certificate/8ae6b6aa-b541-4370-a9dd-919598377a01
  4. digital certificate not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    digital certificate not showing: Hi, im using windows 10-64bit and Chrome 75. I have a series of personal digital certificates loaded, I can see them in under "Personal" in the window "internet options/ content/ certs" and in "mmc/ certificates/ personal" but they do not show in "certmgr/ personal". Why...
  5. Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update: I keep getting the odd blue screen since the anniversary update. I think it's network related, the network driver. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Attached is the zip file as per rules of posting on this section. 61175
  6. Running out of memory since Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of memory since Anniversary update: When I play DDO, I also have chrome and Explorer open. This was never a problem until the anniversary update. Now I get screen messages saying I need to close something because I am running out of memory. Task manager shows memory usage at 89 - 91%. Even after I closed...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  9. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...