Windows 10: Problem with disk

Discus and support Problem with disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I right-clicked on my C: drive I went to Advanced I think I went to owner I changed the current owner Now I can't access my C: drive and I can't change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Albertjmjr, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Problem with disk

I right-clicked on my C: drive
    I went to Advanced
    I think I went to owner
    I changed the current owner
    Now I can't access my C: drive and I can't change it back.

HELP! Can anybody help me?

I'm using Windows 10, Intel I7, 16gb

:)

Albertjmjr, Oct 4, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Problem with disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 4, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Problem with disk

Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Problem with disk

1. Problem with disk - Similar Threads - Problem disk

2. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  3. Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem with onedrive on my local disk: HelloI don't know what I have done but it seems to me I am storing the same things over and over again on onedrive and on my local disk C:´\Yesterday I noticed I had only 19GB left of 220 GB. I got help with that but my settings are still wrong. What I want is to edit files...
  4. Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...: I go in settings and than I go to storage VIEW STORAGE ON OTHER DIRVES Than I click D drive temporary= 6.25 GB but recycle bin is emptyAnd when every I go go to clear it in settings it shows me 0 bytesplz help...
  5. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...: ive tried to use a software anydvd and still nothing what shows up is [Insert a disk Please insert disk into drive D:.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-add-a-blu-ray-disk-the-computer-reads-there/6aa30b11-9904-439e-8a74-185c89551965
  6. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...: ive tried to use a software anydvd and still nothing what shows up is [Insert a disk Please insert disk into drive D:.] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-add-a-blu-ray-disk-the-computer-reads-there/6aa30b11-9904-439e-8a74-185c89551965
  7. When i add a blu ray disk the computer reads there is no disk if anyone can fix my problem...

8. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  9. Disk Usage Problem

Disk Usage Problem: Disk usage in the task manager says it's on 100%, due to 2 apps, google chrome and system, I have no idea why nor do I have a clue on how to find the problem that is causing this....
  10. Disk Usage Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging