Windows 10: problem with displays brightness behavior.

Discus and support problem with displays brightness behavior. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently did a factory data reset of my laptop, hoping to solve existing problems, but instead most of them stayed whilst others added. The most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andrew_45, Jun 17, 2021.

1. andrew_45 Win User

problem with displays brightness behavior.

I recently did a factory data reset of my laptop, hoping to solve existing problems, but instead most of them stayed whilst others added. The most annoying of them being, brightness changing on its own. When I open any application with light theme e.g. control panel the brightness increases, but opening apps with dimmer colors e.g. Discord the brightness decreases. The difference is very conspicuous. I tried to modify power options in control panel, but for some reason there are no options to change anything regarding brightness. Also related issue might be that when I plug the laptop brig

:)

andrew_45, Jun 17, 2021

2. Problems with the display and brightness

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check
    if it helps you.

Refer: Uninstall, Reinstall or
    update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Brightness

Hi Maddie,

The problem you've experienced with the brightness settings could be caused by an outdated driver for your Display adapter or possible that the brightness settings on your computer may not be properly set.

For us to sort this out, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to
    Set brightness and contrast
    from the link,
    Get the best display on your monitor

If the problem persists, then please proceed with updating the driver for the Display adapter. Follow these steps:

• Right click the Windows key
      and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on the Display adapter listed and click Properties.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after it's updated and verify.

You may also look into the computer manufacturer website and download and install the latest display and chipset drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 17, 2021
  4. problem with displays brightness behavior.

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

problem with displays brightness behavior.

1. problem with displays brightness behavior. - Similar Threads - problem displays brightness

2. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  3. Display brightness problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display brightness problem.: Hi,I am using windows 10 lenovo laptop bought on 2018.. recently i reseted my system due to some issues..after resetting i got so high brightness problem.i used hotkeys to decrease it..but hotkeys didn't worked! I went to the settings but i can't found the slider of...
  4. Display brightness problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display brightness problem.: Hi,I am using windows 10 lenovo laptop bought on 2018.. recently i reseted my system due to some issues..after resetting i got so high brightness problem.i used hotkeys to decrease it..but hotkeys didn't worked! I went to the settings but i can't found the slider of...
  5. Display brightness problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Display brightness problem

Display brightness problem: I am having HP laptop with windows 10. My display automatically going dim and getting bright, I have tried this option control panel-> power option->change advance power settings-> display but there is no adaptive brightness option. can anyone tell how to resolve this...
  7. Bizzare display behavior

Bizzare display behavior: The following is a typical display problem which started suddenly on my HP 2019 Premium Flagship Probook 450 G6 15.6 Full HD 1920x1080 Business Laptop, Intel 4-Core i7-8565U, Bluetooth, HDMI, Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD W/ Hesvap Accessories. I have not had any problems...
  8. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  9. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  10. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227