Windows 10: Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to change my motherboard a while back and had someone do it for me. He also had to reinstall Windows as he changed my computer from Windows 7 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by llawite111, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home

I had to change my motherboard a while back and had someone do it for me. He also had to reinstall Windows as he changed my computer from Windows 7 to 10. For some reason, the computer is installed with Windows 10 Pro when I have a license for Home. I tried to downgrade the edition myself by going to change some data on Registry Editor and installing an iso of Windows 10. However, I got an error message during the set up with the error code: 0x80070020 - 0xA001A. What should I do?

:)

llawite111, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home

1. Problem with Downgrading to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Problem Downgrading Home

2. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  3. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  4. Windows enterprise downgrading to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows enterprise downgrading to windows 10 home: Hi, I have windows 10 enterprise on my pc and I would like to downgrade? to windows 10 home because I need to update my version because I'm on 1809 but it won't let me. I have tried to use the default keys but it just comes up with an error. Can anyone help?Also, I don't have...
  5. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Soo I have a problem downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Home which was the default Edition of my new Notebook Dell Inspiron 14. This is what I did what happened: - First, I got this new notebook and started it .. the normal Windows Home startup "wizard" showed up and...
  6. Windows 10 pro to home downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro to home downgrade: When i initially bought my laptop, it had windows 10 home installed and activated by a digital key(i had paid for it). But a few days earlier, my laptop got stuck in a kind of bootloop. To get it repaired i gave my laptop to the retailer who deleted the windows 10 home, and...
  7. Downgrade windows 10 pro to home

Downgrade windows 10 pro to home: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to pro but now i want to revert it and before upgrade i made a system image so can it revert my changes and my old licence of home edition ?...
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: I recently acquired a used Surface Pro 4 from my husband's company and wanted to change from Enterprise to Home. I have purchased a digital version of Home, but have since found out that I need at least Windows 10 Pro for work. I have not been able to install the Home onto...
  9. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...
  10. Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to downgrade windows 10 home to windows 8.1 home: Hi, Was trying to downgrade my win 10 to win 8.1 using the setting -> recovery -> Go back windows 8.1 . The steps were smooth and the system proceeded to reboot. But after rebooting, it stills goes back to windows 10. Tried 3 times and still the same. FYI, The...