Windows 10: Problem with download speeds

Discus and support Problem with download speeds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I checked my wifi and its working perfectly. I can stream in HD on netflix and stuff on my laptop and all other devices. But when i try to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheReal_CDK, May 2, 2020.

1. Problem with download speeds

I checked my wifi and its working perfectly. I can stream in HD on netflix and stuff on my laptop and all other devices. But when i try to download something on my laptop it does so extremely slowly. I have even checked my wifi speed and it is showing download speed as 20 - 30 mbps. Is this a problem only on my laptop or is this quite common? Please tell me if this can be fixed. Would appreciate it a lot.

Edit: Just wanted to mention that there is no such problem on my phone. whenever i download something i get at least 3 - 4 mbps.

submitted by /u/TheReal_CDK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheReal_CDK, May 2, 2020

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 2, 2020
  3. Daniel Win User
    Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, May 2, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Problem with download speeds

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Problem with download speeds

1. Problem with download speeds - Similar Threads - Problem download speeds

2. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  3. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  4. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds: I'm not sure if it's normal but I receive 20mb/s but it only sends 2 to 3mb/s through etherbetWhat can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speeds/e36ed755-91f4-4d32-ab9d-421251c82653
  6. Download speeds

Download speeds: I'm not sure if it's normal but I receive 20mb/s but it only sends 2 to 3mb/s through etherbetWhat can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speeds/e36ed755-91f4-4d32-ab9d-421251c82653
  7. Download Speeds

Download Speeds: Hello all!! I have been having an issue for months now and it has finally gotten on my nerves enough to ask. When I run a download speed test I am getting 239.45 Mbps download and 239.52 Mbps upload. But when I try and download files, games ext I am only getting upwards of...
  8. download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed: i use wireless as i cannot use ethernet where my pc is and on taskmanager it says i get 60mbps recieve but send at 500kbs and my download speeds on everything are under 10mbps on my pc but on xbox or playstation i get a solid 50mbps download. should i try my pc on ethernet to...
  9. download speed

download speed: i use wireless as i cannot use ethernet where my pc is and on taskmanager it says i get 60mbps recieve but send at 500kbs and my download speeds on everything are under 10mbps on my pc but on xbox or playstation i get a solid 50mbps download. should i try my pc on ethernet to...
  10. Hyper slow download speed problem

Hyper slow download speed problem: Heya Community! I recently bought a 150Mb network from my local ISP and for some reason, internet download speed barely goes higher than 0.6Mb but upload speed stays completely normal... Strangely enough, streaming services like youtube seem to work fine I even tested...