Windows 10: Problem with downloads in Chrome

Discus and support Problem with downloads in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Furzeflower, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Problem with downloads in Chrome

Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed download. Looking back at my download history, I was able to download things on March 6th, but was not able to on March 8th (I didn't try to download anything on March 17th). Since I mostly download images for drawing references, I figured this wouldn't be a problem, and have been screenshotting the images I used for drawing.

However, I attended a Set It Off concert last night and bought a vinyl record of their newest album that is accompanied with a download for MP3's. I tried to download them with no success. I am worried as I only have two more tries to access the page that I can download them from. Thank you in advance, and I hope this was enough info! I can provide more if needed. Thank you!

:)

Furzeflower, Mar 10, 2019

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Problem with downloads in Chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Problem with downloads in Chrome

1. Problem with downloads in Chrome - Similar Threads - Problem downloads Chrome

2. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  3. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  4. Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera)

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera): I have problems in all chromium browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, etc...) with downloads of program install files being corrupt. If I download same installation files in Tor Browser or Mozilla Firefox I have no issue. Issue started after latest Windows...
  5. Problems with CHrome

in Cortana
    Problems with CHrome: OK whenever I type something into google chrome it redirects me to yahoo search and I have google as my main browser i am running windows 10 from what I have heard it may be a malware problem but I don't know how to fix it....
  6. DOWNLOADING CHROME

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOADING CHROME: Why does it take a whole DAY to install Goggle Chrome after downloading the relatively small file in just a few minutes at most? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-chrome/9b721ad8-9fca-4177-84ca-26958a775889
  7. downloading chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading chrome: I would VERY much like to download Chrome an Firefox and do not understand why the "S" mode is preventing everything. I have MANY things in google/Chrome and this is going to cause unfathomable problems...
  8. Chrome problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome problems: I try to print an email from outlook through my google chrome browser and both preview and print are blank. What should I do to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-problems/8692b67b-9f63-4c63-a2c2-4764bd6797f1
  9. Problem with downloads in Chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with downloads in Chrome: Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed download. Looking back at my download history, I was able to download things on March 6th, but was not able to on March 8th (I...
  10. Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Changing Download Option in Chrome: I want to change the settings in my Chrome Browser (latest version, double-checked) so that I am ALWAYS asked where I want a download to go before it starts downloading. In the advanced settings option box, I have the following: Location C:\Users\George\Downloads CHANGE...