Windows 10: Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

Discus and support Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karan, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Karan Win User

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop , both of them stopped working.
    Problems found by Troubleshooter :
    * there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter.
    * there might be a problem with the driver for Ethernet adapter.

*cry*cry*cry*cry*cry*cry*cry*cry
    I have tried some solutions from internet, but they didn't work.
    * Troubleshooter doesn't solve the issue.
    * In device manager Disabled and enabled the drivers.
    * In device manager Uninstalled both the drivers and restarted the PC.
    * Tried solution regarding VPN - registry key delete . Seems that KEY is not present.

Additional Information :
    * I am having dual OS (Ubuntu). Both Wi-Fi and Ethernet works fine in Ubuntu.
    * I am using Dell Studio -1558, Windows 10 Home edition.
    * In Network ans sharing center - It says "You are currently not connected to any networks"
    * No IP has been assigned to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet. (as per the results from ifconfig command).

Please guide me on how to resolve this issue.
    I am in R&D department, So without internet, lot of my works are pending.
    Looking forward to a response as soon as possible.
    Thanks
    Praba

:)

Karan, Apr 28, 2016

2. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

I have tried both the steps still not working. It shows the wifi name but not able to connect

shradha modi, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Julie Ram Win User

Hi Devesh,

This thread has been created since 2016 and was previously resolved. There has been a lot of changes to Windows 10 since then and the resolution provided here may not be applicable anymore. We recommend that you create your own thread regarding your concern
    for better assistance from our community.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Apr 28, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

do you have any W10 Backup images -- to me that would be the easiest solution --restore your machine to the last state when it was all working.

Windows networking is always "Iffy" compared with Linux -- I'm on CENTOS and the number of times I've had Network issues is almost ZERO -- unlike Windows where even seemingly identical machines behave differently on the Network !!!!!.

If you haven't got backups --well now you can see why so many people say TAKE BACKUPS - especially when there's decent FREE programs around.
    I wouldn't delete Registry keys etc -- these can have unpredictable effects unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

Decent Free backup imaging program -- Free Macrium -- on a reasonable machine imaging windows partition + the Windows system reserved partition will only take around 15 mins -- much less if it's all on an SSD.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter - Similar Threads - Problem driver Ethernet

2. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  3. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  4. There might be a problem with the driver for Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There might be a problem with the driver for Wi-Fi adapter: I recently updated windows 10 to version 20H2. After this sometimes I faced the below issue.If you look at this image , two more buttons are missing WiFi and Mobile Hotspot.If I click troubleshoot from network adapter , it replies like belowThen these buttons will be enabled...
  5. There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter: Hi, I purchased a Surface laptop in December 2019 from Best Buy, and have been problem with it maintaining the WiFi. In March 2020, Best Buy trouble shoot the problem, and now I have no WiFi and it says “there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”. Is...
  6. Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem: I got an MSI GF63 8RC less than a year ago, and already it's having a bit of an annoying problem. Sometimes, when I boot it up, it takes a long, long time to start up, nearly several minutes usually it would take less than 30 seconds to start up and when it does finish...
  7. Wi-Fi driver problem

Wi-Fi driver problem: I am having a problem with my new laptop sometimes when i open it there is no WiFi at all when I go to the settings it shows that i have a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter https://imgur.com/3pdp2bH I tried uninstalling and installing the drive and it worked...
  8. Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Adapter problem post upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Adapter problem post upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Sir, I have a HP 15 Notebook PC Product No J8B77PA#ACJ purchased in 2015. After I had upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2019 I am facing Ethernet / Wi-fi Adapter problems . My Wi-fi Adapter switches on and off all of a sudden . Sometimes if the Wi-fi adapter is working...
  9. WI-FI Adapter problem

WI-FI Adapter problem: A couple of weeks ago I lost connection with the internet and received the following message; The Realtek RTL8723BE802.11bgn WI-FI Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. Plug an ethernet cable...
  10. Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.: [ATTACH] I don't know what to do? I installed Wireless Driver but still I am getting this problem. Please reply and provide solution for this as soon as possible....