Windows 10: Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion

Discus and support Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I installed Windows 10 64 bit om my new HP Pavilion 15-cs2014nu. Dude in the PC store was like "You will need someone other than yourself to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kozchey, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion

So I installed Windows 10 64 bit om my new HP Pavilion 15-cs2014nu. Dude in the PC store was like "You will need someone other than yourself to install the drivers" and something like "You wouldn't know if your BIOS is synced according to the drivers" and the latter kind of puzzled me tbh Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion :D So, anyway, I wanted to do it myself, I am not a big tech guy, but I have always installed/reinstalled PC's and laptops myself, and if this time it turns out to be not 100% smoothly, then it will be a chance to learn something new.

So I downloaded all drivers for my model from the official HP support page... but I am quite sure I have not completed the process in full - f.e. wifi is now working, but graphics and texts still look odd... in such a way that you just need to look at it and conclude that the graphic drivers are not installed.

I think one of the drivers was especially for updating BIOS, but the Install Wizard didn't let me update it...

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Kozchey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kozchey, Nov 17, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?

Hello @essenbe,

That's some serious step-by-step action. *Wink (newbies beware!) I'm now reading it in more detail. Thanks for the link. My Plan A is to still just boot from the Win10 ISO DVD and see what happens. I'm pretty sure UEFI boot is default on my brand new HP Pavilion laptop. I do want to keep the System Reserved partition. Cheers,

m3110w, Nov 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Announces New Pavilion PC Line-up

Today HP Inc. unveiled a new Pavilion PC portfolio in a bold color palette featuring new convertibles, notebooks and desktops with sleek designs and more power ideal for students, millennials and families. The new portfolio lets customers reflect their sense of style and delivers the power they need to be productive and entertained at a price that delivers value.

"Some customers want thin and light PCs for on the go while other customers want power and performance to create and store," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. "HP's redesigned Pavilion PCs offer affordability and a variety of options for customers to get the functionality they need in a PC packed with style and personality."

Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion 15a_thm.jpg

Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion 15b_thm.jpg

Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion 15c_thm.jpg

Highlights:
    • HP Pavilion x360: Offered in five colors with a stylish new digital thread design on the keyboard deck, a 15.6" diagonal model joins the 11.6" and 13.3" diagonal platforms with a geared hinge inspired by the HP Spectre x360 to transition into four modes.
    • HP Pavilion: Features discrete graphics, five new colors1, the iconic digital thread design and Intel RealSense Camera2 option for improved security with facial authentication with Windows Hello.
    • HP Pavilion All-in-Ones: Powerful and features a new micro edge display option on the 23" diagonal model reduces the border width 75 percent to 6.4mm compared to the standard edge-to-edge display option at 26mm.
    • HP Pavilion Desktop: Playful, eye-catching tower design offers a 30 percent smaller footprint compared to the previous generation without sacrificing power.
    Performance with a Pop of Color
    The new HP Pavilion PCs feature updated designs with more color options. Audio custom tuned by experts at B&O PLAY and vibrant displays, including Full HD4 IPS options, provide an immersive computing experience. The new line-up also features the latest Intel or AMD processors and graphics.
    To meet customers' increased desire for more mobile solutions, the HP Pavilion convertible and notebook PCs are thinner and lighter than the previous generation. They feature Prismatic Lithium ion battery cells to maintain long battery life and offers HP Fast Charge5, which can charge the PC up to 90 percent in 90 minutes when powered off.

The HP Pavilion desktop PCs feature smaller footprints in iconic form factors with sleek profiles to maximize desk space, making them the focal point of the home or home office.

Versatility for On-the-Go Entertainment with New x360s
    For 2016, HP redesigned the HP Pavilion x360s to be sleek with audio custom tuned by experts at B&O PLAY for on the go entertainment. HP added a new 15.6" diagonal model to the 11.6" and 13.3" diagonal HP Pavilion x360s which are 12-14 percent thinner with lighter designs compared to the previous generations with starting weights at 2.93lbs6 and 3.48lbs6 and profiles at 19.3mm and 19.8mm thin respectively. HP's new 15.6" diagonal HP Pavilion x360 starting weight is 5.07lbs6 and is 23.9mm thin. This year's models feature a new digital thread pattern on the keyboard deck in a pearl coloring for added depth and style which now spans across the Pavilion convertible and notebook portfolios.

The Pavilion x360s are available in an assortment of colors including Natural Silver, Modern Gold, Dragonfly Blue, Cardinal Red and Sport Purple.

Other features include:
    • Up to nine hours and 15 minutes of battery life depending on model.
    • HD8 or option for Full HD IPS2 displays on the 13.3" and 15.6" diagonal models.
    • Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB SSD9 with the option for hard drive storage up to 1TB9, depending on model.
    • Choice of the latest Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium or up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processors10 subject to model.
    • A full-size keyboard now offering optional backlit keyboard on 13.3" and 15.6" diagonal versions and 1.5mm key travel for a comfortable typing experience.
    Pavilion Laptops Deliver Style and Power
    The new portfolio of Pavilion notebooks include 14" and 15.6" diagonal Pavilion notebooks that are 11-22 percent thinner and lighter with a smaller footprint compared to the previous generation. The starting weight is 3.3lbs6 and 4.26lbs6 with thin profiles at 19.5mm and 22.5mm, for the 14" and 15.6" diagonal versions respectively. For creating and consuming media, HP is also offering more power and performance in 15.6" and 17.3" diagonal Pavilion models with starting weights at 4.62lbs6 and 6.28lbs6 and 24.5mm and 29.9mm thin profiles, respectively. The new designs are offered in a variety of color options including Natural Silver, Modern Gold, Blizzard White, Onyx Black, Cardinal Red, Dragonfly Blue and Sport Purple1 with the new threaded design element on the keyboard and speakers.
    Other features include:
    • Up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor options with optional NVIDIA GeForce 940MX or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics or 7th generation AMD A12-9700P Quad-Core processor with optional Radeon R7 Graphics on select models.
    • Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB SSD9 or up to 2TB9 for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 2TB HDD and 128GB SSD on select models.
    • Optical disk drive for select Pavilion models.
    • Edge to edge HD8 or FHD4 IPS displays with optional touch for a more interactive experience on the PC depending on model.
    All-in-Ones Bring Style and Immersive Entertainment to the Home
    HP is now offering two new HP Pavilion All-in-Ones in 23.8" and 27" diagonal displays with an edge-to-edge display or a micro edge display option on select models that further reduces the border 75 percent for more viewing area compared to the edge-to-edge display. The micro edge display tilts from -5 degrees to 25 degrees while the edge-to-edge display tilts from 0 to 25 degrees for a comfortable viewing experience. IPS displays are available in Full HD4 or Quad HD12, with optional touch and audio custom-tuned by experts at B&O PLAY adds dynamic sound on the two front firing speakers for a truly immersive experience.
    The new open framed stand creates a light design and the sleek profile with ports hidden on the chin and back to maximize desk space. On select models, the HP Pavilion All-in-Ones now offer an HP Privacy Camera that will only pop up via a spring mechanism when in use and can be pressed in to disable both the camera and microphone as a privacy safeguard.
    Other features include:
    • Intel Pentium or up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor options with optional NVIDIA GT 930A graphics or 7th generation AMD up A10 processor11 options.
    • 1TB8 with options up to 3TB for storing photos, files, games and movies. Customers can also choose a hybrid drive options with up to 1TB SSHD.
    • Memory up to 16GB.
    • Optional Intel RealSense Camera on select models for enhanced security through face authentication with Windows Hello3. It also enables gesture control apps to provide new ways to interact with the PC.
    Smaller Tower without Sacrifice
    The new HP Pavilion Desktop features a signature vertical design and is offered in new chic colors including, Natural Silver, Blizzard White and Twinkle Black to fit beautifully in the home. The affordable desktop PC is designed for productivity and entertainment without sacrificing features with more storage and graphics options. Other features include:
    • Intel Celeron up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 processor options with optional NVIDIA GT 730 to NVIDIA GTX 750i graphics or 7th generation AMD up A12 processor with Radeon R7 Graphics options.
    • Up to 16GB of memory and up to 3TB of storage. Optical disk drive for media.
    • For multitasking, the HP Pavilion Desktop supports up to two displays and supports all the ports customers need for peripherals.
    To further the desktop experience, HP is offering a new Pavilion 32" Quad HD12 display with wide-viewing angles and 100 percent sRGB13 color space delivers true-to-life color. Customers will also be able to conveniently connect to their devices with dual HDMI, DisplayPort and a USB hub.

Pricing and Availability
    • The 11.6" diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 15 with a starting price at $379.99 and BestBuy.com on May 15 with a starting price at $399.99.
    • The 13.3" diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 29 with a starting price at $479.99 and BestBuy.com on May 29 with a starting price at $499.99.
    • The 15.6" diagonal HP Pavilion x360 is planned to be available on HP.com on May 25 with a starting price at $579.99 and select retailers on July 6 with a starting price at $729.99.
    • The 14" diagonal HP Pavilion is planned to be available at select retailers on June 12 with a starting price at $539.99.
    • The 15.6" diagonal HP Pavilion is planned to be available on May 18 on HP.com with a starting price at $579.99 and select retailers with a starting price at $599.99.
    • The 17.3" diagonal HP Power Pavilion is planned to be available on HP.com on May 18 with a starting price at $899.99 and select retailers on May 18 with a starting price at $1,099.99.
    • The 23.8" diagonal HP Pavilion All-in-One is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on July 10 with a starting price at $699.99.
    • The 27" diagonal HP Pavilion All-in-One is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on July 3 with a starting price at $999.99.
    • The HP Pavilion Desktop is planned to be available on HP.com on June 29 and select retailers on June 26 with a starting price at $449.99.
    • The 32" diagonal HP Pavilion Display is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers on June 26 with a starting price at $399.99.

btarunr, Nov 17, 2019
  4. naveen1 Win User

Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion

clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps

ok. thanks a lot to everyone. i am really grateful.
    @mrgeek
    HP recovery manager is there, but my RECOVERY partition is not there. so HP recovery manager lists all the drivers and applications present in C:\SWsetup (it says nothing found if that folder is moved). and i think HP recovery manager cannot use the DVDs to install the drivers and applications. and i booted from disc-1, it opens the recovery interface but there is no option to restore ONLY the drivers and applications. i guess the only option is what others have suggested.

naveen1, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion

1. Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion - Similar Threads - Problem drivers clean

2. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  3. HP Pavilion network problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion network problems: I have a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook PC Runs on windows 8 systemA lot of issues are happening I can’t connect or even find my 5G networks but I can find the 2G networksMy microsoft/windows won’t load or work as well as The Store. It says there are network error. How do...
  4. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15: Hi When I install the audio driver for Windows 10, it works properly, but every time I restart the Windows , the driver goes away and the sound comes back as if without a driver and I have to reinstall it again. I'm tired of this problem please help meRegards MuhammedHp...
  5. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15: Hi When I install the audio driver for Windows 10, it works properly, but every time I restart the Windows , the driver goes away and the sound comes back as if without a driver and I have to reinstall it again. I'm tired of this problem please help meRegards MuhammedHp...
  6. Audio driver problem - Hp Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Hp Pavilion mouse problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Pavilion mouse problems: I need serious help here. My HP Pavilion keeps doing weird things and I can't quite figure it out. I think what's happening is similar to another problem I saw someone else post, where there mouse was acting up and clicking on things it shouldn't have been. The only...
  8. Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find any drivers after clean win10 installation: Hi Iv got a new laptop (asus vivobook 15 x512f) and i installed a clean win 10 from microsoft. (10.0.18363.592) but when it comes to searching for wifi there in nothing (pic below) and even after the installation there in no wifi icon to turn it on and the mouse pad isnt...
  9. HP pavilion No Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP pavilion No Sound Problem: Hello I'm here because there is no sound coming from my laptop. I just got this laptop a few weeks ago and everything was great but suddenly one day there was no more sound. I've looked into it to see if anything was muted or if it was disabled, no. Everything is how it...
  10. clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps: hi, i own a HP laptop (model number A1U59AV - HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support ). my laptop came pre-installed with genuine windows 7 home-premium and the corresponding drivers and many...