Windows 10: Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

Discus and support Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop Elitebook 8570p, all of a sudden I was plagued with the WiFi either not connecting or dropping out, I did all the usual things,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve Skal, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

I have a HP Laptop Elitebook 8570p, all of a sudden I was plagued with the WiFi either not connecting or dropping out, I did all the usual things, resetting network, deleting network adapters, and deleting drivers. I did notice this seemed to start after a Windows 10 "upgrade" so I thought maybe it needs new drivers, I went to the HP site and downloaded the drivers which come in an EXE, I run it no problem but the WiFi driver in the Device Manager doesn't change from the old original Intel one. I tried downloading a driver from the Intel site, same thing comes in an EXE and I ran it with no issues but same thing the Driver is not updated in the Device Manager, still have WiFi issues. Any opinions, also is there a way to extract JUST the drivers from these darn useless EXE files and maybe I can update the driver directly in the Network Adapters?

:)

Steve Skal, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Girevik Win User

Laptop Dropping WiFi

The last couple of weeks I've all of a sudden started having issues with my laptop dropping WiFi. I don't know for sure if there was an update recently that may have caused it or not, but it's very frustrating. Turning off the wifi adapter and back on
    fixes it temporarily, but only VERY temporarily is many cases.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Girevik, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Jun 13, 2019
  4. gogreen Win User

Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

Laptop dropping 2.4GHz wifi signal

I'm using a new Asus AC68U router. My home network includes, among other items, my desktop and my laptop (a Dell XPS 15). The laptop occasionally drops the wifi on the 2.4 GHz band. Everything else on the network handles both bands fine. The laptop has been holding well on the 5Ghz band. How do I determine with the 2.4 Ghz band if the problem is the laptop, the router--or both? How do I diagnose this problem? I should mention that all the laptop and Asus drivers are up to date. Thanks.

gogreen, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop

1. Problem with Drivers/Wifi dropping out on laptop - Similar Threads - Problem Drivers Wifi

2. Laptop WiFi very slow and drops out constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop WiFi very slow and drops out constantly: I have been using my laptop for a while now and just recently the WiFi started to get very slow and started dropping out consistently.I have tried: - Updating WiFi Drivers- Disabled peer to peer updates- Repaired system files- Disabled Windows auto tuning- Disabled power...
  3. Laptop WiFi very slow and drops out constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop WiFi very slow and drops out constantly: I have been using my laptop for a while now and just recently the WiFi started to get very slow and started dropping out consistently.I have tried: - Updating WiFi Drivers- Disabled peer to peer updates- Repaired system files- Disabled Windows auto tuning- Disabled power...
  4. wifi dropping out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi dropping out: I have a dual boot windows ten one on latest version of ten other on insider latest version , stability of the wifi is fine on windows ten home but on the insider home premium the wifi is constantly dropping out. It some times tells me my dns is not responding when it is, but...
  5. Wifi dropping out randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi dropping out randomly: When I connect to the internet with wifi, I’ll be able to use it for a few minutes but it will soon cut out for no apparent reason. I check the connections and it’s still there, just disconnected. I try to reconnect and it’s unable to do so. I switch airplane mode on and off...
  6. WiFi Drops Out -- Solution

WiFi Drops Out -- Solution: Back in January I posted the same topic: problem receiving wifi in several places around the house, away from the router. Thanks to the responses I thought I solved my problem when I purchased an Extender (TP-Link w/1). Reception did seem to improve, wifi drops seems much...
  7. Wifi constantly dropping out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi constantly dropping out: So I've had this issue now for several months and it's driving me absolutely insane but my internet just decides to drop out and the only way for me to get it going again is to disable and re enable my wifi adapter, reset my PC or router, it happens anywhere from every 5...
  8. WiFi Drops Out

WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  9. WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only): Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping my wifi connection frequently even though the connection is great. Typically when this would ever happen (rarely) it...
  10. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. esp8266 wifi drop-outs