Windows 10: Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update.

Discus and support Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time I receive MS update I can no longer use my printer Brother inkjet . I have to find latest update KB456960 and delete. I cannot shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GerryWilks, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update.

Each time I receive MS update I can no longer use my printer Brother inkjet . I have to find latest update KB456960 and delete.

I cannot shut down my computer unless I do an update, therefore I must use sleep mode. I am not tech savvy, so please help in simple english. thanks

:)

GerryWilks, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 update won't install printer driver - Error 0x80240017

Recently I got a driver update for my HP printer delivered through the Windows 10 updater. It seems that the driver was successfully downloaded but cannot be properly installed, every time I try I'll get the following error:

The printer is actually a network printer. I checked the driver through the device manager and the newest driver is supposedly already installed. So I went ahead and uninstalled the printer (which is now a problem since I cannot simply add the printer again because I have no access to the network currently) to get rid of the update error, but the error still persists. Troubleshooting the updater also has no effect.

Now I wanted to check the registry entries (as was suggested here) for the printer in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print but the HP printer doesn't show up any more (maybe uninstalling was too early) and therefore I have no idea what registries I could delete without breaking anything.

Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed? Maybe even a complete different approach?

EDIT:

• the suggested approach in the comments to install the HP driver suite didn't work for me

user190080, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Firebeast Win User

Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update.

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update.

1. Problem with each update install. Cannot use printer. Must delete latest update. - Similar Threads - Problem each update

2. I cannot install the latest updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install the latest updates.: I cannot install the latest windows updates, along with numerous other updates. Error 0x80070002 and 0x80248007.I tried, restarts, shut downs, command prompt scan and restore health, drive scan, nothing is working. Windows resource protection says it found corrupt files but...
  3. I cannot install the latest updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install the latest updates.: I cannot install the latest windows updates, along with numerous other updates. Error 0x80070002 and 0x80248007.I tried, restarts, shut downs, command prompt scan and restore health, drive scan, nothing is working. Windows resource protection says it found corrupt files but...
  4. Latest variation on "Problems Installing Updates"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest variation on "Problems Installing Updates": Repeatedly getting the error message: There were some problems installing updates, but well try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070643) when trying to install Security Intelligence Update...
  5. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  6. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update problems: My computer is so screwed up after update a few days ago. It wiped out my office 10 and also Adobe Cloud. My assure plan seems to not matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-problems/e1e47d91-c0e9-4966-aba2-5e491f0f6ed1
  7. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  8. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.: I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I...
  9. Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Latest Windows update-printers impossible to use: I automatically installed the latest Windows 10 update several days ago. The next day, all of my applications were slow to the point of almost being unresponsive. In addition, I couldn't connect to my wireless printers. After spending the better part of a day on a call to...
  10. Latest update problems using Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update problems using Word 2007: Word 2007 unable to open or use as error message “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” ”Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.” This is after an update within...