Windows 10: Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

Discus and support Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TommyF, Aug 13, 2016.

1. TommyF Win User

Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

Hello

I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511.
    Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key.
    So i started up the first one, got to do the edition upgrade, which went smooth.
    Then the second one, enter the same MAK-key, but this time it goes to 100% reboots, Seems to do the update and then I can log in again. But it then tells me "We could not update your edition"

I have tried to run full update, and on three others, which all do the same.
    Is there any one out there who might have an idea on what is going on??

Thank you in advance

Tommy

:)

TommyF, Aug 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 Education Watermark

Windows 10 Education is more in line with Windows 10 Enterprise than Windows 10 Pro. The main difference between Education and Enterprise is the Education version can be upgraded from a Home Edition instead of a Pro Edition. Enterprise version needs a Pro
    licence in the first place.

You can check the chart here:

Compare Windows 10 Editions | Windows for Business

Alexandre Blanchette, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Alaa.Hady Win User
    Windows 10 Education Licence

I have a new Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, however I have Education License and product Key for Windows 8.1 Education edition. I use to download but it allow me to download Windows 8.0 only not 10

How can I upgrade my Windows from Home to Education using Windows 8.1 product key?

Alaa

Alaa.Hady, Aug 13, 2016
  4. TommyF Win User

I found out what the problem was.
    All computers came with a trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled, and was now able to do edition upgrade.

TommyF, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education - Similar Threads - Problem Edition upgrade

2. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  3. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...
  4. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition: I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to...
  5. Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition

Cannot downgrade from Windows 10 Education edition to Home edition: I've just bought a new laptop which is already installed Windows 10 Home edition. Then I upgrade to Education edition via product key, But I found It is not good: I cannot search for any apps in Microsoft Store Only apps that provided by university are found,and I have to...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  7. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Education edition but the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Education edition but the...: My PC is currently running on Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a key for Windows 10 Education Edition. When I enter the key in the "Change product key" area of the activation settings I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and...
  8. Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education: My new laptop (recently bought) came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled . Since i work at the university as a student, I bought the Windows 10 education upgrade. With this purchase i got a product key which i used to manually upgrade the windows using the option "Change...
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade

windows 10 home edition upgrade: hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license....
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559