Windows 10: Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse.

Discus and support Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone have any idea why I am no longer able to scroll via the wheel on my Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse while reading an email in my Earthlink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TravvelNut, May 1, 2019.

1. Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse.

Does anyone have any idea why I am no longer able to scroll via the wheel on my Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse while reading an email in my Earthlink email program? I'm using using Windows 10-64, and the problem comes when I've brought in my email list which takes up the left half of my screen and then double-click on a specific email so that it opens on the right half of my screen. I can move up and down through the email's text only by using my cursor on the vertical gray bar on the far right.

The mouse scrolling functions works fine in other applications, such as moving up and down in this post. Also, this is a new problem; I've scrolled up and down through email texts for years, until last week!

I've opened Settings/mouse and all seems fine. I've checked Preferences for Earthlink which has no info re my problem.

All advice appreciated. It's not an earth-shaking problem, but it is annoying.

:)

TravvelNut, May 1, 2019
  2. [tf] Win User

wireless mouse 5000

• dell latitude D420 laptop, but it doesn't matter which computer I have it on
    • There is no power on or power off button on the microsoft wireless mouse 5000
    • the mouse works fine
    • it has a transceiver. it is a usb mouse

[tf], May 1, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 fails to scroll in Windows 10

We appreciate the details that you've provided. Since you've already tried some troubleshooting steps and updating the driver still won't correct this issue, we'd like to know if this mouse behavior is also happening on a different computer for further isolation.

On the other hand, we also wanted to know if this is what you've installed for your mouse. Kindly check this

link
    . For more details about mouse scrolling settings, you may also check this article:

Resolve problems with mouse button or scrolling settings.

Please get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 1, 2019
  4. Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse.

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 hesitates

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you because of Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000.

This issue might have occurred because of drivers.

"Noticed today that the Microsoft Intellipoint software is recommended to be installed along side the mouse and keyboard center in Windows 7. should I also install it on the Windows 10 machine?"

I suggest you to go ahead with the installation if it is recommended by Windows. You may also install it on Windows 10 machine and check.

Also ensure that shipset drivers are up to date as well. Check your PC for updates via Windows updates.

You may also run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Hardware and devices' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Keep us posted on Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 issue. We are happy to assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse.

1. Problem with email scrolling with Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse. - Similar Threads - Problem email scrolling

2. Wireless Mouse 5000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Mouse 5000: My wireless mouse scroll wheel is glitching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-5000/a6bc8057-a9f3-467f-83b1-0db515205473
  3. Wireless Mouse 5000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Mouse 5000: My wireless mouse scroll wheel is glitching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-5000/a6bc8057-a9f3-467f-83b1-0db515205473
  4. Need replacement feet for Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need replacement feet for Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000: Hi could anyone please suggest/recommend where I could buy replacement feet for my trusty Wireless Mouse 5000? I received this as a gift so contacting the store where this was purchased is not an option. I've tried to search AliExpress but couldn't find anything there. In...
  5. Need replacement feet for Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000

Need replacement feet for Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000: Hi could anyone please suggest/recommend where I could buy replacement feet for my trusty Wireless Mouse 5000? I received this as a gift so contacting the store where this was purchased is not an option. I've tried to search AliExpress but couldn't find anything there. In...
  6. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working: I have a mouse and keyboard combo. The keyboard works fine. The mouse on the other hand has a mind of it's own. It starts and stops working on it's own. I've changed batteries, updated the driver, I use a plain pure black mousepad, I've even updated the bluetooth driver, but...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working: I have a mouse and keyboard combo. The keyboard works fine. The mouse on the other hand has a mind of it's own. It starts and stops working on it's own. I've changed batteries, updated the driver, I use a plain pure black mousepad, I've even updated the bluetooth driver, but...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Mouse Model 5000

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse Model 5000: I am using a Microsoft Wireless Mouse Model 5000 and it just stopped working all of a sudden, I changed the batteries and nothing happened. I started having issues with tracking. It would move and then stop. Can anyone help me or do I need to purchase another mouse?...
  10. microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000: Yesterday I updated to the newest windows 10. Now my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000 don't work in windows at all. I checked and they do work in my Bios. I can move around the Bios and change things. I was total unable to boot into windows because neither...