Windows 10: Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to enter the PIN2 into the inserted card of the internal modem in a laptop in Windows 10. Unfortunately, I can not find a place in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin Aka Zet, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

I would like to enter the PIN2 into the inserted card of the internal modem in a laptop in Windows 10. Unfortunately, I can not find a place in the cellular communication options in Windows 10 to do this. The internal modem is EM7305, and I do not have an application that supports this modem. For an external USB modem there is an application that allows you to enter PIN2, I note that it is not about PIN1 or PUK Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro :).

:)

Martin Aka Zet, Oct 31, 2018

2. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

My new Laptop is a Lenovo T470s (S/N PC0PXLX1) with a "Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A" WWAN card.

After working well for 6 weeks, I am now unable to get an internet connection using that adapter.

Windows 10 network diagnostics tells me I need to "Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device". I can find no way to enter anything.

Tech support at both AT&T and Lenovo have never heard of SIM PIN2 and each blames the other for the problem. I have talked to each several times and have been referred to "advanced tech support."

My internet provider is AT&T.

This community has referred to a "provider specific software" that solved one participant's similar problem.

My provider, AT&T, has given me two PUK numbers. I suspect their PUK2 may be the SIM PIN2, but I still have no way to utilize that information.

HELP!

[Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC ]

JackRounds, Oct 31, 2018
  3. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

Hi Dawn,

Some Windows 10 PCs have a SIM card in them that lets you connect to a cellular data network, so you can get online using a cellular signal. If you're having cellular connection problems, changing one or more settings may
    help. To do that, we recommend that you refer to this article on how to
    Set up your LTE connection on Surface Pro LTE.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the steps provided in this
    article for further troubleshooting.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device

For me, the problem was the Windows 10 default drivers and the solution to download updated drivers from Lenovo's support site. See http://www..com/sim-pin2-error-windows-10/ for more details on my experience.

ScottBideau, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro

1. Problem with enter PIN2 to mobile broadband in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Problem enter PIN2

2. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  3. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  4. No Updates on mobile broadband

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on mobile broadband: I am on Windows 10. I regularly use a mobile broadband dongle. I pay £10 every 30 days and get 1GB.A typical update came through today on Windows 10 at 532mb!That is far too much for mobile broadband dongle users. I didn't have enough data so it failed and all my data was...
  5. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen: Hello, I was using my surface pro 5th gen with LTE and it worked perfectly for a month and then all of a sudden the surface stopped connecting to the LTE, it actually identifies the network name and strength but it won't connect to it. After running the troubleshooter, it...
  6. Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...

Error: Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband service, Unable to connect to LTE...: I have a new Surface Go with LTE and it appears that the cell part hooks up and it knows the ISP but the data connection is locked with the SIM PIN2. I downloaded the dia program and ran it and it returned "Enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device" I tried to...
  7. Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular: Hello everyone.i am using Dell Latitude E6420.I installed Sierra MC8355 cellular adapter.it is working fine.My question is that can i use cellular connection to make Voice calls through My laptop? If yes then Kindly guide me the procedure.Thanks in Advance....
  8. No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!: Hi everyone, I am running windows 10 pro and now i want to update my system using "Windows Updates". The problem is that Windows Update is showing numerous new updates for the system but i have a mobile broadband (ie. usb dongle type) for internet purposes over which i want...
  9. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...
  10. mobile broadband and windows 10

mobile broadband and windows 10: hi, got the windows 10 update, and was having problems getting connected to the internet, so i uninstalled my mobile broadband program, and now dont know how to run the program again, because all that happens now is i get a notification in the action center, every time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sim pin2

2. enter a sim pin2 to unlock mobile broadband

3. http:// www dot scottbideau dot com/sim-pin2-error-windows-10/

4. the mobile broadband device or SIM is locked,
  5. the mobile broadband device is locked with sim pin2,
  6. sim pin 2,
  7. where to enter sim pin2 windows 10,
  8. enter a sim pin2 to unlock dell lattitude e7240,
  9. enter a SIM PIN2 to unlock the mobile broadband device,
  10. sim pin 2 on windows 10,
  11. windows 10 sim pin2,