Windows 10: Problem with Ethernet Code 56

Discus and support Problem with Ethernet Code 56 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Today when i tried to plug in the ethernet cable it sudd enly didnt work, it has been working great until now i get the warning sign and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrHampus, Mar 4, 2021.

1. DrHampus Win User

Problem with Ethernet Code 56

Hello!

Today when i tried to plug in the ethernet cable it sudd enly didnt work, it has been working great until now i get the warning sign and a message that says

”Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device, Code 56” and i have been trying to fix this problem now for 5 hours without progress. I know that a VPN program can be the problem but i tried to uninstall it and see if it worked but i didnt..

I would be really happy if i could get some help

:)

DrHampus, Mar 4, 2021

2. AW9D Stops At Post Code 56

Hello

I have AW9D motherboard

Recently my NVIDIA GT8800 GTX video card died so i bought myself a GT220 card, lower spec but similar enough for me to expect it to be ok on this motherboard

Installed the card and the machine cannot pass the POST sequence

It stops on code 56. The AW9D manual has post code 55 and 57, but no 56 listed

I am able to use the GTX 8800 card as an uninstalled VGA card, so i can view the POST sequence when the machine boots with this card in place. I can see the POST sequence 55, 56, 57 and so on, so 56 seems to be a valid code, just not listed

I updated the BIOS (using the Abit Flasmenu utility) with the latest version of BIOS i could find on the ABIT site

What i would really like to do is establish whether or not the problem is on the video card (and then i can return it to vendor) or if i have a problem on my motherboard

If anyone had any pointers that would be great thanks

Best regards

Patrick

patrickcoote, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Code 56

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device ( code 56 )

What should i do?

All my network adapter gone, i cant connect to any internet even im using ethernet cablr

desperateguy, Mar 4, 2021
  4. RealmsYT Win User

Ethernet Down due to error 56

Hi recently i’ve been having a problem with my PC’s ethernet.

To get some stuff out of the way:

(I built it so no warrenty / manufacture support).

My PC doesn’t have a wifi adaptor so ths problem is purely ethernet related.

Under network adapters my ethernet cable shows up alongside a yellow caution symbol, and comes up with the error code 56 “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device” in the device status.

The drivers are fully up to date and the ethernet works fine on other devices. As well as that, uninstalling / deactivating / reactivating / scanning for hardware changes / restarting doesn’t work no matter the combination.

Any help would be lovely -Realms

RealmsYT, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with Ethernet Code 56 - Similar Threads - Problem Ethernet Code

2. THIS can fix code 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THIS can fix code 56: Install VMware lolI did and it fixed code 56realtek rtl8822ce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-can-fix-code-56/dc38d420-2d1c-4a1c-9e10-69f236d20b28
  3. THIS can fix code 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS can fix code 56: Install VMware lolI did and it fixed code 56realtek rtl8822ce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-can-fix-code-56/dc38d420-2d1c-4a1c-9e10-69f236d20b28
  4. Network code 56

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network code 56: I did a network reset and now nothing is connecting my Ethernet my wifi isn’t showing and I go to device manager and go to my wifi and it says code 56 I tried everything nothing works...
  5. Network code 56

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network code 56: I did a network reset and now nothing is connecting my Ethernet my wifi isn’t showing and I go to device manager and go to my wifi and it says code 56 I tried everything nothing works...
  6. Network code 56

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Code 56

Code 56: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56 What should i do? All my network adapter gone, i cant connect to any internet even im using ethernet cablr...
  8. Ethernet Down due to error 56

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Down due to error 56: Hi recently i’ve been having a problem with my PC’s ethernet. To get some stuff out of the way: I built it so no warrenty / manufacture support. My PC doesn’t have a wifi adaptor so ths problem is purely ethernet related. Under network adapters my ethernet cable shows...
  9. code 56 network driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    code 56 network driver: hi, I installed vpn and after the I restarted my computer, wifi wasnt working. So I did a network reset from settings and restarted the laptop. After that all my network drivers vanished. I tried manual driver installation but it failed and gets timed out and I tried...
  10. class config code 56 Inte ethernet connection i218-V

class config code 56 Inte ethernet connection i218-V: I just had to let my troubleshooter reset nmy network adapter settings and it ended up removing the atual ethernet adapter ao I uninstalled all my vpn **** and I am now unable to install any way or any version of the ethernet driver. What do I do now??? My Mb is maximuss vii...