Windows 10: Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

Discus and support Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jiaming chen, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event viewer after pc has fully booted it said my pc had an error which was "Event 161 - Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation" after this error occurring twice the system encountered Event 41 Kernel Power. I tried "sfc /scannow" and it said no errors/corrupted files were found.I also tried "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth"I haven't received a Event 41 Kernel Power crash first entire year I think, would this just b

:)

Jiaming chen, Sep 28, 2022

2. BSOD, event 161 and 41

My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down.

When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome browser open or I just opened a new tab. I can play FPS games for hours but every once in a blue moon it randomly restart with these errors when the computer isn't under any type of load.

A year ago I had these same issues and eventually my computer would crash everytime I tried to turn it on. I ended up having to do a fresh install of windows on my computer but now the issue is back. I'd like to avoid that but don't keep any important files on my computer.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 and would really like this fixed. Keep in mind this issue seems to happen randomly so with any "fix" it may take a month or two to see if it actually worked or not.

SamuelMortensen1, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Michelle Vil, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

Hello,

My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running.

The CPU and other components are within proper thermal limits, I've tested memory multiple times with no faults, tested all drives, and ran the DISM tool and SFC with no errors reported. The machine was built a few months ago but the power supply is from
    a previous build (2015). I suspect it may be the cause.

There is little information in the Event Viewer but seems to consistently contain the 2 problems at time of reboot:

Error

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 161

Critical

Source: Kernal-Power

Event ID 41

Bugcheck Code 201

Please let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you!

ToothofCrime, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

1. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41 - Similar Threads - Problem Event 161

2. Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...: I have just bought a new laptop, and within the first week it has crashed daily.When I look at the logs I usually see either Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41. Event 10010 also appears but isn't always when it crashes it's just there sometimes when i check, even if...
  3. Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...: I have just bought a new laptop, and within the first week it has crashed daily.When I look at the logs I usually see either Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41. Event 10010 also appears but isn't always when it crashes it's just there sometimes when i check, even if...
  4. Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...

5. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41: Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event viewer after pc has fully booted it said my pc had an error which was "Event 161 - Dump file creation failed due to error...
  6. Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Event 161 which leads to event 41: Hello,I was just playing Cyberpunk2077 and at one point my screen froze and nothing worked so I rebooted the pc using the power button. I opened event viewer after pc has fully booted it said my pc had an error which was "Event 161 - Dump file creation failed due to error...
  7. BSOD, event 161 and 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, event 161 and 41: My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down. When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome...
  8. BSOD, event 161 and 41

BSOD, event 161 and 41: My computer will randomly restart like once a month or so and the event ids when it does so are 161 and 41. 161 just says that the dump file failed due to an error and 41 says that it restarted without shutting down. When it restarts there is usually only a Google chrome...
  9. BSOD, event 161 and 41

10. System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161: Hello, My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running. The CPU...