Windows 10: Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

Discus and support Problem with Excel macro to open Word files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Saxon, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Saxon Win User

Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want the Word file to appear visible on-screen automatically without my having to click on the taskbar.

The relevant part of the macro is:

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    With objWord
    .Documents.Open DocsFullPath(i)
    .Visible = True
    .Activate
    .Application.WindowState = 1
    .ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
    End With
    GoTo Finish

Can anyone help me resolve this? It's been driving me mad!

:)

Saxon, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Nit_93 Win User

excel to word conversion using macro

Hi Microsoft

I need to know how to convert an excel sheet in a workbook to a word document using macros

Nit_93, Jan 27, 2019
  3. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 27, 2019
  4. yapchagi Win User

Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

in my case, I don't need to restart windows. Closing cortana completely will make opening word and excel files fast like usual.

yapchagi, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files - Similar Threads - Problem Excel macro

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  6. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  7. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. cannot open word or excel files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot open word or excel files: I cannot open excel or word files. I get an error message everytime I try and open those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files/964b7030-4219-4f20-9683-554ed344e103
  9. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel: Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime it won't. I've tried every setting possible in order to fix but nothing works. I tried customer support about 50 times...
  10. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...