Windows 10: problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?

Discus and support problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. Everything looks too sharp and bright! It´s like everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J.S._503, Feb 1, 2020.

1. J.S._503 Win User

problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?

Hello,

after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. Everything looks too sharp and bright! It´s like everything is artificially beefed up. Hardware is exactly the same, drivers are exactly the same. So it is something w10 is doing differently than w7.
    I tried all the obvious things: scale text, disable/enable cleartype, color callibration, change to dark theme, lower resolution to make it intentionally look less sharp, installing iris to reduce blue light, running the graphics driver intel hd 4000 in compatibility mode etc.
    The weird thing is, it´s even worse on my external screen asus zenscreen with usb c connection that is supposed to be very eye friendly. I also get the message ´display connection can be limited´ due to some usb-c problem.

In windows 7 this was never a problem. Could work for hours with not a hint of eye strain. No problem connecting and working with the external screen.

Some suggest that many people experience this after the Creators Update with the new composition spaces overlay system. Or that there is a gamma issue.

Also read that intel and eizo had to create driver updates to fix some problems with these w10 updates.

Problem is that intel doesn´t give driver support anymore for my current laptop model hp folio 9470m.

I read that some people felt relief when they returned to windows 8.1

I bought this refurbished laptop with windows 7 on it. I don´t know the product key of that oem.
    I bought a windows 10 pro license for 250euro. Do i have a downgraderight on this like with OEM? If i download the iso on a bootable usb, can i activate w8 with the license code of w10 pro?

Kind regards
    JS

:)

J.S._503, Feb 1, 2020

2. EASE EYE STRAIN

I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain

HeatherBrock, Feb 1, 2020
  3. eye strain and changing fonts

I just got a new computer and have windows 10 . My eyes are getting strained and I need a better font. How

Joseph Kepiro, Feb 1, 2020
  4. problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?

EASE EYE STRAIN

The easiest way to reduce eye strain is to first enable clear type, you can go to your search and type it in and the options should pop up. You can also use the scaling option and increase it to 125% that can be found in your display settings.

Hope this helps,

Yomi Thomas

YosmeryThomas Severino, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?

1. problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this? - Similar Threads - problem eye strain

2. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  3. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  4. Eye strain from new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Eye strain from new pc: Hi, I recently built a new pc but I have been experiencing huge eye strain on the new computer. I am using the same monitor as I was on my old pc. Any ideas if this is a software issue or hardware? It seems like the colors are too bright. submitted by /u/azza11002 [link]...
  5. Eye strain on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7 on the same laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eye strain on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7 on the same laptop: I have laptop Thinkpad T420 with two disks. On the first disk i have Windows 7 and on the second disk i installed Windows 10, but i found that on Windows 10 i feel eye strain and i can't find why. The brightness, contrast, gamma and hue settings are the same on both installs,...
  6. Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem: Hi, This morning I bought Pro for this laptop, via the Store app. It goes to install it right away, after a prompt, the install fails. I try again, checking for updates. Supposedly does it (runs TiWorker in the background, etc.). I reboot, it having been finished (AFAICT)....
  7. windows 8 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....
  8. EASE EYE STRAIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASE EYE STRAIN: I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-eye-strain/73b779b4-d3cb-477c-a3b9-09e3566e8e57
  9. Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: Hi all, Just some kind of confirmation/affirmation to be honest here. I have recently acquired a Surface Pro 3 (i5-256GB model), had Win8, promptly upgraded to Win10. However after playing a while I found a few of the 'Pro' features an... annoyance... and nothing I...
  10. You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

in Windows 10 Support
    You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now: If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner. To do this click on Start then Settings. Now click on Update and Security then on Activation and you will see the option to upgrade. Click on...