Windows 10: Problem with FAT32 storage

Discus and support Problem with FAT32 storage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the update to build 2004 my Garmin mapping software has been unable to download new information, routes and favourites to my BMW Navigator 5, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanSingleton63, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Problem with FAT32 storage

Since the update to build 2004 my Garmin mapping software has been unable to download new information, routes and favourites to my BMW Navigator 5, I have not allowed my Laptop to upgrade and it communicates with no problem so it is not the Garmin software or the BMW device.

:)

IanSingleton63, Jul 23, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with FAT32 storage

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Problem with FAT32 storage

1. Problem with FAT32 storage - Similar Threads - Problem FAT32 storage

2. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage problem: Storage went low after system restore, my C drive went up after system restore, I lost 30 GB free storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/168f5770-f963-4b75-887d-59b069f8f0c4
  3. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage problem: My device suddenly went out of storage, I have 500 GB now I have only 200GB left , I dont have that much files, its filling up all of a sudden https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problem/0f460017-96c1-410d-add7-ced00ca0cd8f
  4. Storage Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Problems: I'm recently trying to free up some space, but I realised the Apps & Features had more storage than it showed. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-problems/da73dadf-8a1e-4842-8d10-11dc632e1a9a
  5. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage problem: Hello, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I recently had a problem booting up my windows 10 PC, which I eventually fixed. I then found my available storage had reduced by about 10GB. I presume this is taken up by some sort of error dump from the previous problem, but don't...
  6. Storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage problem: Please help! I saw on the "File Explorer" at "This PC" that my D drive has 562GB free space, later i checked with CMD using "dir" command and I found that my D drive has 603GB free space. Can anyone tell me what happend and give some suggestions? Many thanks...
  7. FAT32 Format

FAT32 Format: Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32-format/3a899269-48e2-474f-a190-b2c4b5bdf18b
  8. fat32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fat32: is that a good format for a USB for downloading win10 media tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32/a3b94e7e-b103-4cb7-a11b-00db6a495363
  9. NTFS or FAT32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NTFS or FAT32: Hello. I have a copy of bootable Windows 10 on my 8gb flashdrive. The ISO was probably 4.7gb or 4.8gb and was from the April Update. I decided to delete it and download the October Update to use as a copy. I used Rufus but since the update has 5gb+ of files, and Rufus...
  10. FAT32 not opening.

FAT32 not opening.: I've just tried my new Film Scanner. It downloads to an SD card. Windows 10 says the card is empty yet properties report 138kB used on the card in a FAT32 file. Anybody got a clue as to how to open this FAT32?...